PDA

View Full Version : Ipod, now with preinstalled viruses!

Drum Thumper
03-13-2008, 09:18 PM
It seems that we now have to worry about Chinese viruses.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/ptech/03/13/factory.installed.virus.ap/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

Quakken
03-13-2008, 09:34 PM
not on an apple computer, though!

DO I SENSE A CONSPIRACY BY APPLE TO INFECT WINDOWS COMPUTERS WITH THEIR VIRUSES TO MAKE THEM ANGRY AND SWITCH TO MAC?!@?!?!?!#@?#@!Q$^%@#%$&$

Drum Thumper
03-13-2008, 09:38 PM
DO I SENSE A CONSPIRACY BY APPLE TO INFECT WINDOWS COMPUTERS WITH THEIR VIRUSES TO MAKE THEM ANGRY AND SWITCH TO MAC?!@?!?!?!#@?#@!Q$^%@#%$&$

ROFLMMFAO! I never even thought of it in that way! Too damn funny!!!

crenn
03-13-2008, 10:21 PM
The problems lies within buying an apple product ;)

Quakken
03-13-2008, 10:28 PM
Like I would ever get an Ipod anyway, yeah right.

Hey! that article mentioned way more than just Ipods!

DO I SENSE AN ANTI-APPLE SKEW IN YOUR POAST?!@?!?!?!#@?#@!Q$^%@#%$&$

But seriously, this has got to be a seriously small occurrence, I mean come on- a worker plugs the iPod into his computer which has a self propagating worm on it that infects any ipod that is plugged into that system, he puts an ipod in the box, then some poor foolish person who decided buying an ipod would be a good idea plugs it into his computer and then the iPod infects it?

If it IS widespread, then it would have to be on purpose (if it wasn't a 1 in a million ocurrence.)

xRyokenx
03-13-2008, 10:37 PM
Not only are they taking a lot of our industry... they're also using it against us in multiple ways.

...brilliant!

Quakken
03-14-2008, 12:32 AM
It's the start of chinese-american suppression.

They're out to get us! We have not payed the trade deficit, and so they're going to infect our windows systems with their "shoddy" and "unregulated" manufacturing processes.

The war is coming! your weapon will be LINUX!

crenn
03-14-2008, 03:50 AM
My weapon will be not buying an iPod and happily game on Windows :P

Quakken
03-19-2008, 06:07 PM
Itunes doesn't have viruses. It can't because you don't download programs from itunes anyway. Your aunt's computer is probably crashing from something else she downloaded.

Drum Thumper
03-20-2008, 03:37 AM
hahahah digtal pic frame that is very funny. Like i know i know apple itunes has a ton of viruses in it so like if u down load songs from there cuz my younger brother and cousin use it on my aunt labtop and she has the same one as me and hers crased like 6 times and i have never had a promblem with mine and like all there computers dont work right cuz of i tunes so i have no idea

Itunes comes with DRM, which is just a tad bit different that a virus. And thankfully, Apple listened to the public and if I am not mistaken, now sells DRM free songs...well, what they call DRM free anyways. If I understand how the 'DRM free' stuff works, when you download a song from Itunes your info (most likely your username) is embedded in the file, so if you happen to P2P share it, they can bust you.

Reread the article--these viruses are coming from the physical products, not the online stores.

crenn
03-20-2008, 04:19 AM
Apple are in talks currently to make the music free so that you pay a premium for the device and get access. Or a monthly subscription.

LiTHiUM0XiD3
03-20-2008, 04:22 AM
lolz iPods aint that bad... once u flash the firmware and put rockbox on lolz
and using linux to fight the war... heh u r aware OSX is based on unix right?
heh i love my iPod... jus thankful mines a old one :) nano first gen 1 Gb ftw :)

Drum Thumper
03-20-2008, 05:34 AM
lolz iPods aint that bad... once u flash the firmware and put rockbox on lolz
and using linux to fight the war... heh u r aware OSX is based on unix right?
heh i love my iPod... jus thankful mines a old one :) nano first gen 1 Gb ftw :)

OSX is the bastard child of BSD, which in turn has ties to unix :D.

Apple's biggest downfall is the proprietary system which it uses for its OS--without some hacking, it runs on Apples and Apples alone. Whereas Windows in all of its variants runs on numerous platforms. As do the countless iterations of linux.

I am by no means bashing OSX, just merely expressing my view.