PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield Heros

Ichbin
03-14-2008, 11:36 AM
Just watch the video. It really explains it all.

This is just a theory, but I beleive this is EAs expirement on in-game advertising to see if it is profitable. This game is 100% free.

Some key features to look out for are the Meta game across europe, the customizable character, and leveling system/Matchmaking system so you aren't getting pwned by Uber-1337s.

It's got a cartoony feel very similar to Team fortress 2 and it looks like the atmosphere is going to be about the same, very casual.

Just pop on there website to see what's going on and watch the video below :).

http://www.battlefield-heroes.com/

Heres the video.
KYQP-uBijWg

Luke122
03-14-2008, 12:11 PM
Very cool.. I saw this a few days ago.. I cant wait for this game to come out!

noopypoop
03-14-2008, 06:31 PM
Supposably the cache is that the game is going to have mico-transactions to buy new weapons and such which is geinius because the only way to win will be to buy better armor and weapons.

.Maleficus.
03-14-2008, 06:52 PM
... Oh yeah! Very cool.

Quakken
03-14-2008, 07:43 PM
If it is pay-for-weapons-and-upgrades, then it's going to be retarded.

Games where you can buy yourself into winning aren't what games are about, they're about skill and many times luck.

If it isn't like that, or there is a large part of the game that IS free and there are many people playing with just free stuff, then I could see that being pretty cool. I like the cartoon team fortress like graphics, games that don't take themselves too seriously and the dice company. I also hope that they work in the battlefield 1942 music, that is some of the best in the series.

The gameplay looks like it could be good. There will be TONS of people playing it because it is free. From what I can see it is more of an RPFPS, which is great fun. When an FPS feels like it is putting you in a bigger conflict with well defined teams, well, I don't think that's really ever been done widely before.

I am looking forward to this! Even though EA is widely known for making junky games and turning out large quantities of them, they DO have the resources to make fun games, and since this game is probably going to be paid by advertisements and pay for play high level weapons, it will have to be very very good to make people sit through the out of place commercials and advertisements that will very likely be present.

And cartoony graphics make the game easier on lesser computers like mine, make it easier to tell if someone is on your team at a glance, and what threat their class presents to you. Again, this has great potential, I will probably download this once It comes out.

HackSore
03-14-2008, 10:57 PM
Apparantly you can make micropayments, but the only things you can buy are visual items, hats and the like, no weapons or items to give you the upper hand.