PDA

View Full Version : My Case and a Heap of Question's.

ipex_rec4_scout
10-06-2005, 10:05 PM
Hello,
I have been reading the various article's found in the Forum's + Looking at the Case Gallery. My Question is, How do you guy's manage your cable's like they are showen in the picture's ? (Cable Management)... My Cable's even though they have been sleeved are a mess (Only the power cable's have been sleeved), I am curious to know if there are any Article's on cable management (With step by step instruction's...)...

P.s. How do I go about putting picture's of my computer case here ?...

For my system Spec's I am running :-
Abit Fatal1ty AA8XE with OTES Ram flow
1gig Corsair DDR2 Ram
Abit X700 Pro Video Card
Intel 3.2Ghz CPU (Not overclocked)
Hytec 600watt PSU
3 120mm Cooling fan's (2 Evercool, Chrome silver look)
Lite-on Dvd Rom Drive
Lite-on 8x Dvd Rom Burner
Logitech R10 speaker's
Logitech Comfort MX Duo Bluetooth Keyboard/Mouse
2 Seagate Barracuda 200gig SATA Drive's
1 Sony Beige FDD
Windows XP Service Pack 2
Cooler Master CS (Silver)

My System run's Doom3/BF2 + More all at Maximum setting's and No lag (I also play online using a 1.5mb/sec Broadband Internet Connection with an Average of 7mb (Up and Down --I dont know the exact speed's on either the Upload or Download)...

Thank you for your time...
(I will be uploading image's as soon as I can figure out how or someone tell's me how)

Rankenphile
10-06-2005, 10:16 PM
First off, welcome to the boards.

Second off, I'm not much help when it comes to sleeving, but if you want hosting for your images, there are a number of free web services you can upload and link to, such as ImageShack, ImageDump and others of that nature. Take your photos with a digital camera, resize to an acceptable size for the boards, and use the image commands for the board to link to them.

ipex_rec4_scout
10-06-2005, 10:22 PM
That's the problem. I dont know of any of the command's you mentioned nor do I know how to resize Image's (I do however have a Kodak 6.1megapixel digital camera/video camera)

Rankenphile
10-07-2005, 12:22 AM
Too large - use paint, or another program, to resize. If you have to, you can go download GIMP and use it.

Once you upload the image, use the command [ img ] (address of image) [ / img ], without all the spaces.

ipex_rec4_scout
10-07-2005, 06:57 AM
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2724/00000974vh.jpg
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/5112/00000983et.jpg
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/1715/00000996pv.jpg

MOD EDIT: Sorry, the Images were too large. I have instead removed the image tags and made them links.

ipex_rec4_scout
10-07-2005, 06:58 AM
Sorry about the Thumbnail size. Im New to this and did the best I could for now.

GregoryJ
10-08-2005, 03:23 PM
Only one thing can help: ZIP TIES.

crenn
10-09-2005, 06:57 AM
lol, It's much better than my case, if I get new batteries for my camera, I'll show you my case!!!!!

temmink
10-10-2005, 04:54 AM
I seem to remember someone mentioning resizing images so they don't rape the margins etc. If you don't know how to resize an image turn off your computer before you hurt yourself.

crenn
10-10-2005, 08:47 AM
OR you could always just post links to the pictures. It's safer and not too many people complain.

Zeus
10-10-2005, 12:41 PM
OR you could always just post links to the pictures. It's safer and not too many people complain.

done ;)

ipex_rec4_scout
10-11-2005, 10:10 PM
I will stick to posting Link's from now on (And to reply to the comment telling me I should turn off my computer now if I dont know how to resize image's - Im new to this whole Image thing, Took me a while to learn to use my new Digital camera, It is going to take me a while to learn how to use Photoshop and similar program's so I can resize/manipulate image's. But at the moment I am rather busy and have no time for it).

Someone mentioned I should use some sort of Tie's ? I looked around at the local hardware store and I couldnt find them + I brought a while ago 2 red coldcathode's, One wont work when I plug them up to my power supply, Any idea why ?. and lastly, Is it possible to cable sleeve the Cooling Fan Cable's ?.

Thank you for your time.

GregoryJ
10-12-2005, 02:47 AM
Zip ties... alot of the shops that have been mentioned in other threads would have them. Try Xoxide.com under WireManagement. The cold cathodes should be pluged into the converter that came with them. If it is a mismatched pair that could be the issue. As far as cooling fan cables... Yes you can sleeve them. You just need to make sure that you mark the wires so that they go back in the same place on the connector. And dont worry about not being able to resize pics or being new... some times some of us just cant remember when we were new... besides the only way to learn is to make mistakes and ask questions.

Xato
10-12-2005, 05:30 AM
Ok, on cable management...
The most useful tool is the cable tie, i can see from that pic that you have one (or a rubber band) around some of the cables in the middle, so they stay togethor running up and down the case...
This is the EXACT thing you need to do with the rest... You need to find your main cable, which is the most bulky section of cable in your case which can naturally flow up and down your case.
In this computers (and most others) its the motherboard power cable. It naturally hangs down from the PSU and generally connects directly below. So pull this down into a straight up and down line and try and cable tie it in this position, and start cable tying other cables togethor and onto this main cable as length permits... Try and keep all the cables going to the same places togethor etc. This should help keep the amount of brances off of the main wire to a minimum.
As for the mess at the bottom of the case, the most useful advice i can think of is to have all the excess wire in on spot, or tucked away in apropriate corners. Use some clear tape to hold them into corners if needed, as i doubt you'll be modding any clips into the case.
And depending on the structure of your case, hide cables behind drive cages or the motherboard tray.

Just learn to be patient while hiding cables, eventually you'll find a nook and cranny for them all and a way to have them flow within your case.

Here's an example of false floors etc for cable hiding...
http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php?t=759&page=1

Or you could always use bad cable management to your advantage =P
http://www.zephyrstar.com/ms1944/images/casemods/gallery_007.jpg

DarkPuppy
10-12-2005, 06:56 PM
I may have an answer to your question...I've been searching the net for ways to mod my new computer (of which I have a case so far :p) when I came across this article. It might help you it gave me some awesome ideas.

http://www.overclockers.com/tips1152/

BTW this site is the best :D

Xato
10-12-2005, 08:38 PM
Yeh, that way works really well for small cases, as there's less distance between the plugs so you can hide more of the cable.
But this is a good example of hiding your cables behind cages and a motherboard tray - and as said, adhesive tape works well.
http://www.overclockers.com/tips1152/Secrets.jpg