PDA

View Full Version : question about spybot search and destroy

Liquid_Scope_99
03-29-2008, 11:05 PM
hello all i ran spybot today i did a reformat yesterday been online very little anyway my question is it gave this

Microsoft.Windows.Security.InternetExplorer: [SBI $A3433CBF] Settings (Registry change, nothing done)
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-484763869-436374069-725345543-1004\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_LOCALMACHINE_ LOCKDOWN\iexplore.exe

said it was a registry change to ie explorer .I did some checking and i read on the spybot forums that you could uncheck allow active content to run files on my computer .If it was checked rerun scan and it would be gone .
It was no hits on rerun of spybot , so my queston is do you guys think that im ok now i dont know if i should worry or if it was false possitve .
Im not to up on the registry or any problems with it oh btw the allow active content on my computer is in ie properties, advanced tab .scrool,to security any and all suggestions welcome thanks in advance/

J-Roc
03-30-2008, 06:51 PM
I would recomend scanning your registry for problems. Registry Mechanic is what use but there are others like System Mechanic & Registry Booster.

doug91
03-31-2008, 08:49 PM
I don't think it is anything to worry about. Spybot not only checks for spyware, but also checks for possible security risks. For example if you disable windows defender, spybot will flag that as a "problem." This is one of those loopholes taht spybot found. Allowing active content to run on your computer is a security risk and spybot just wants you to know that.

Liquid_Scope_99
04-05-2008, 02:43 PM
hey thanks for the reply thats what i was hopeinf for sorry it tokk so long to reply been real busy thanks again i really appreciatate it