PDA

View Full Version : Question about plexi

M[4]gic
10-11-2005, 01:06 PM
I was just wondering what is the best way to bond plexi together. Say I wanted to make shapes or something, what would one use to attach them together?
Also I have been looking for hours trying to find a switch that is a lever that you can pull, like the one in half life 2 in dr breens lab, i don't know how to post pics yet sorry. If anyone knows were to find one like that it would be awsome.

GregoryJ
10-12-2005, 02:53 AM
it would be much easier to get 1 large piece of plexi and use a heatgun to mold and bend the plexi into the shapes that you want. Its easier to cut off excess pieces then try to add them back on.

M[4]gic
10-12-2005, 03:47 AM
Thanks that helps. :)

Xato
10-12-2005, 05:09 AM
The most common form of adhesive for Plexi is usually silicon. Its waterproof and adheres well to plastic, just make sure to give the surface which will be in contact with the adhesive a light sand and clean first, or the silicon wont grip very well.
Someone else can probably be a bit more specific in what type of silicon adhesive to use, but i'm sure someone at a hardware store should be able to point you in the right direction.

M[4]gic
10-12-2005, 12:40 PM
Awsome thanks.

montmorency
10-20-2005, 04:22 PM
it would be much easier to get 1 large piece of plexi and use a heatgun to mold and bend the plexi into the shapes that you want. Its easier to cut off excess pieces then try to add them back on.

how is that done? iw anted to do something like that for my last mod, but i diddnt know how to do it.

thanx

snefan
10-21-2005, 01:35 PM
use the heatgun on the plexi and bend it over something like a tube of some sort. be carefull so you dont make the plexi bubble