PDA

View Full Version : F/OSS books?

luciusad2004
04-08-2008, 12:30 PM
Hey guys. I need to do a persuasive speech for public speaking and i need a bunch of sources... non-internet sources. I would like to do my persuasive speech on why people should switch to F/OSS instead of using proprietary software but im not sure how many good sources of information ill be able to find. Does anyone know of any good books that deal with free open source software? I'm just in sort of an exploratory stage right now. I know that the F/OSS community spawned from the internet and as such much of the information is on the net, so i'm just testing the waters to see if i will be able to find enough information (that is acceptable to my teacher)to do this.

Thanks for any and all help guys. : )

NightrainSrt4
04-08-2008, 04:50 PM
I don't know of any books, but if your school has a library database setup you can look in there. Most libraries now are connected to ones like EBSCO and InfoTRAC, and you should be able to find some peer reviewed articles and such through those.

luciusad2004
04-08-2008, 05:40 PM
Yeah i might do some more lookin in our databases. I found two books or something earlier today in our catalogue. I got a couple of hits in our databases to but i didn't look to see what they were yet. As long as i can manage to cram in at least the minimum number of required scholarly sources everything else is fair-game and i can use the internet. I would type more but my laptop top is going horrible slow. Thanks for the reply.

IndyRacer27
04-18-2008, 11:07 AM
http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/
Every issue is available for download in the issues section.

luciusad2004
04-18-2008, 12:42 PM
sweet! Thanks. Sorry i didn't respond sooner. Haven't been around much lately.