PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Experience.

Eclecticos
04-10-2008, 10:25 PM
This game looks badass!

Check it out! Here (http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.com/experience/) <=-

http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/6196/assassince8.jpg

rendermandan
04-10-2008, 10:30 PM
I picked it up yesterday, and I'm playing it right now. -well not this exact momemt, but as soon as I"m done on the boards. And Yes, it is badass! Although, I've seen several glitches in it. I found a hole that I fell through that wasn't supposed to be there, I've had it freeze once, and for a while I had a few polygons comming off the bottom of his cloak that extend out to nowhere. Not sure if its my video card or what. But still a great game!

simon275
04-11-2008, 01:33 AM
I heard that while it is fun. It can get pretty repetitive. Anyone who has a copy wanna comment on this?

Khuz360
04-11-2008, 08:07 AM
I've played the game from start to finish and it is very repetitive, and can get very boring very quickly but the reason I felt i continued to play was to see how the story of the game played out.

The fighting is incredibly basic in my opinion and looking at games of a similar nature to it for example ninja gaiden which i know is different type of game in terms of the character i.e. in assassins creed your an assassin and in ninja gaiden your a ninja, thus in one there is greater requirement for the use of stealth and in the other there isnt such a requirement.

I would hope that if a sequel to the game is made the developers are more creative with the way the various chapters play out and take a leaf out of the ninja gaiden book and make the fighting and swordplay much more creative and varied

Hope this helped

Peace

Khuz

xRyokenx
04-11-2008, 09:38 AM
I'd pick this up but not for $50... maybe for about $30 but no more than that. It does look interesting though. Hooray YouTube, wuahaha.

simon275
04-15-2008, 09:54 PM
So I picked up the game and I have been playing through it. Then this morning I was in a rush to exit the game and you have to go through a lot of menus which is annoying but when I went to select my profile to then go to the main menu to exit I selected my profile and clicked delete instead of select and I have lost all my progress so far. There was no prompt no nothing just profile and all game saves deleted. I was half way through memory block 3. The game manually was promptly thrown across the room in a fit of anger. Now I am deciding whether to play through the game again or just give up. I would think that ubisoft could have done a better job of the UI instead of having to click exit game like 4 times to get out of it. Not happy... Any one know a way I can get my saves back? I looked in the save directory and it is blank.

rendermandan
04-15-2008, 11:34 PM
That sucks man! I know exactly what you mean about talking 2 minutes and clicking (what seems forever) to exit the game to windows. I haven't had the experience of deleting a save game file yet. My only suggestion would be to use cheat codes (if there are any) to get you back to where you were quickly, and then continue without the codes.

good luck

xRyokenx
04-16-2008, 12:05 AM
...or you could just make a backup of your save games, lol.

simon275
04-16-2008, 12:38 AM
Yes I will back the save games up from now on. I am playing through it again. I have a means though to set a teleport point and then teleport back to it from anywhere to save on travel time. But how this is done I don't believe is allowed to be discussed on here.

simon275
04-17-2008, 02:00 AM
I have quickly played back to where I am up to happy days.

Also funny related content

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=251

Eclecticos
05-31-2008, 05:45 AM
I finally got around to buying this game, and I have to say I love it!
I agree it is a bit repetitive and you do kinda jump from video to video,
it is entertaining none the less. Worth every cent.

jdbnsn
05-31-2008, 06:04 AM
I love the music in this game, sound effects and all mix very well. I'm stuck at the pick-pocket scene and can't get past it so I never play it anymore.

luciusad2004
06-01-2008, 01:51 AM
I watched my buddies play it awhile ago on 360 and i must say it was a bit to repetitive IMO. But IDK maybe if you actually get a chance to play its a little more fun. It just felt like they were doing the same stuff over and over again. I did like how fluid the animation seemed though. Everything just looked beautiful when the right person was playing.

simon275
06-01-2008, 09:59 PM
I finished the game a week ago. The ending was super predictable and was not that hard at all. The battle before with the templars was much harder. But I still had fun.

Durrthock
06-01-2008, 11:01 PM
I finally got around to buying this game, and I have to say I love it!
I agree it is a bit repetitive and you do kinda jump from video to video,
it is entertaining none the less. Worth every cent.

Yeah I beat it, in like a day, Regardless it does get a little repetitive but overall I found it very fun, it doesn't really deserve all the bad rap it gets.

Durrthock
06-01-2008, 11:02 PM
Also the ending is spectacular, Make sure to look it up.

Airbozo
07-10-2008, 01:26 AM
OK, I finally picked up Assassins Creed and I am not sure if it is because I just finished *"Infernal", but I love this game!

Some of the tricks are repetitive yes and they are still fun. I am really into the swordplay, roof hopping and the walkup and assassinate bit just to save some bitchy old lady from the guards. Acre is more difficult since the guards are walking all over the place.

I have successfully galloped the horse up to a hay pile being chased by a horde of guards and simultaneously dismounted, jumping right into the hay, plus many other feats that are pretty interesting.

The controls take a bit to figure out however and once you do it gets quite fun. I don't know maybe I am just really bored of the shoot'em ups and like the hand to hand combat.

The graphics are well done and with the settings on max and resolution set to 1680x1050 I am getting no lag at all. The view from some of the towers is great!

Overall, even though I am just barely in the game I think it is one of the better purchases I have made for a video game. Well worth the $30 so far.

OK now my cons:
Damn it takes so long to get out of the game! I have started using alt-F4. So far I have had no issues with corruption, but since it saves at certain points I am not sure it would matter.

A few times I have been automatically locked into a fight with a Templar when I am already injured and there is no running away.

Sometimes I jump back off a tower instead of continue climbing (maybe I have a twitch).

Why the hell can't I punch the damn DR!?!? He certainly deserves it.

(I will follow up more when I get further).

* Infernal: Worst piece of crap $10 I have ever spent! Talk about repetitive! I died on the final boss and it took me back before the previous boss fight! I took the dvd out and threw it across the room! I only went to the end because just like a book, I have to finish it once I start. Don't waste your money!