PDA

View Full Version : prices

ranlif
03-31-2005, 02:12 AM
I am new and have no clue what forum topic to put this under so I putt it here.

How much would it cost to make a basic gameing computer. One that could run World of Warcraft, Unreal Tournament, etc.. Also any guides on making a computer like this?

Thanks for the help! :D

Oh and I found this website because of Attack of the Show. YAY!!!

ZeD
03-31-2005, 02:38 AM
you can probably get there for about $500 if you scrounge around forums and ebay, otherwise with newer components I would say about $750 should get ya where you want to be to play those games however thats for a "basic" rig nothing special or fancy. Im going to go ahead and assume your new to building your own case if thats the case there is a good article I link to new DIY builders who ask me these very questions. http://www.pcmech.com/byopc/

Thedecoy
03-31-2005, 03:30 AM
i agree with zed... o yeah hi im the decoy im a noob... nice to meetcha if u wanna get something that will run WoW and other great games that really dont require to much juice go dell good savings u know its not great but it gets the job dun..... if u wanna make it ur self get a case u like or make one a geforce 4 motherboard geforce 5200 ultra video card, 60 gig HD, Dvdrom/cdrom drive, p4 ur choice. and the rest that u need to get it to work properly. good for just getting the job done.

Chapel
03-31-2005, 12:12 PM
go ahead and pick up a maxiumum PC and a PC gamer, they both have little sections on what kinda parts fit in systems. Max PC has a top parts guide, which i use more to decide on brands than parts (for example. If NEC makes the best DVD burner, then its my opinion that they prolly have a part thats slightly older that runs well too). Now PC Gamer has a little section that prices low/medium/high end gaming rigs. And they will tell you what parts are good for each.

If you have all your preferials (mouse, monitor, keyboard, case) then it would be really easy for you to build a PC around 500 dollars, espically if your just a UT and WOW fan, gmes like Half-life 2 might require a little more money for presitine play.

good luck

JesDer
03-31-2005, 12:49 PM
Justy to throw in a link .. http://www.anandtech.com/guides/

It may help you figure out what type of hardware to put into it. For Vid card I would say your best bet rightnow for cost/performance would be a Nvidia 6600 GT.