PDA

View Full Version : Possible part swapping between cases?

Haiku
10-21-2005, 10:33 AM
Hi guys, I'm not really sure if this counts as a mod, or just a tweak more or less, recently I've been searching the net for a case that suits everything I want, both in looks, and features, I love the Idea of modding but really don't have the time, skill's or the majority of the needed tools, so I was wanting to find something that was pre-modded, with a window, no front door, and most of all a removable motherboard tray. Recently I came across a couple of Lian Li PC-7's one of them being a pre-modded 7D and I love it but it lacks one thing, a motherboard tray I heard that this case was a downgraded 6-series which has a removable MB tray and am really wanting to know if any of you have knowledge with working on either of these case's and if it would possible to use the MB tray into the 7D, I found a couple of places that sell a Replacement tray and was hoping it was a fairly simple swap, I know this might not be up to your guys standard's but I really hope you can help me, thank you sincerly in advance.

Exley
10-28-2005, 04:49 PM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811144026
that case has all the options you wanted, and i know its a good case because i use it (Link to pictures (http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php?t=980) ). though i should tell its just your basic case inside not many bells or whistles and if you use it please for the love of god dont make it red inside (alredy had a friend do that).

slaveofconvention
10-29-2005, 03:04 AM
I think removable motherboard trays are a little over-rated. Don't get me wrong, anything which makes access easier is a definite plus - especially for people like myself (and a lot of you guys I'd imagine) who delve into the innards of their pcs at least a couple times a month, but having said that, it isn't often I need to remove the entire motherboard, and the main difference between having a removable tray and not having one basically comes down to having to remove 2 screws (the ones holding in the tray) or 6 (the ones holding in the motherboard)

Again, NOTHING wrong with having one, but if I found a case without one that I really liked, I wouldn't let the lack of a motherboard tray put me off.

In answer to your question about fitting the spare tray, sorry, I have NO clue :(