PDA

View Full Version : Computer Careers [Looking for the name of one]

Trace
04-18-2008, 11:03 PM
I didn't know if this would belong here or The Chatterbox, so I finally decided to put it here.

What is the name of the person who designs the CPU architectures?

Or, what college class would that be?

BTW, I'm 15 and I'm trying to plan for the future so I can get more information and maybe take summer classes at a college near me.

Thanks
-Trace

crenn
04-18-2008, 11:08 PM
You're going to be wanting like a Bachelour of Engineering (Electronics Systems). You're going to need to learn digital electronics as well ;)

Fuganater
04-18-2008, 11:20 PM
That's a pretty diverse career there bud. I'm sure if you pull off good grades in the field at a Tech school for a 4 year you'll get a job really fast. Personally I like my field, IT Computer Security and Digital Forensics, but that's me.

Trace
04-18-2008, 11:22 PM
Ok, thanks for the fast replies!

What does silicon fabrication involve?

I've seen some stuff about that to get an internship with Intel.

chaksq
04-18-2008, 11:40 PM
You are definitely going to want to look into Microelectronic Engineering. They design and create electronic chips. Also Electrical Engineering would be worth some serious research. My college has very strong programs in both fields if you are interested.

Anything Computer Science or IT related will not deal with what you want. At the closest they deal with utilization of hardware but not the actual design of it.

Trace
04-18-2008, 11:51 PM
What college would that be? Somewhere on the West Coast?
Thanks!