PDA

View Full Version : Play you console games on your monitor!!

Fuganater
04-20-2008, 01:04 PM
I was looking for a device so I wouldn't have to buy a new TV when I move and I stumbled across the X2VGA High Deffintion VGA Transcoder (http://www.x2vga.com/) by Neoya. This allows you to hookup almost ANY console to your monitor via VGA. This is especially useful for anyone who has an LCD monitor because you have your DVI and VGA connections to the monitor. You can have your PC hooked up via DVI and run the VGA to the X2VGA and just switch modes. I will be getting it and when I do I plan on writing my first review :D. I hope it works well because It will save me alot of time and money. $60 for this or $700 for a decent TV. you do the math.

Well hope you all enjoy it.

-Fuga

Omega
04-20-2008, 01:43 PM
the problem is some of us don't have digital monitors (no DVI, T_T)

but yes, definately cool. I might get one so I can play forza at my desk or something.

chaksq
04-20-2008, 01:55 PM
the problem is some of us don't have digital monitors (no DVI, T_T)Actually it's for VGA monitors not DVI.

luciusad2004
04-22-2008, 12:58 AM
Most of the modern consoles already have cables you can buy that work w/ VGA. I have the official VGA cables for my 360 and I'm sure they exist for the ps3. The advantage i could see to this is if you have multiple consoles and don't feel like buying separate cables for each of them or if you have a console that doesn't have VGA cables. But, if on the other hand, you just have one of the newer consoles, the VGA cables might be a simpler solution.

Also noteworthy: if you have a console that supports HDMI, then you can get an HDMI -> DVI adapter and get a fully digital signal to your monitor.

Luke122
04-22-2008, 02:02 AM
Want.

NightrainSrt4
04-22-2008, 08:28 AM
I lucked out as I bought my monitor with this exact thought in mind.

DVI - VGA - Component - Composite - S-Video

All right on the back of the monitor. Would have been nice to have HDMI but I can deal with having component instead.