PDA

View Full Version : Rip 5.1 CDs to 5.1 files

Indybird
04-22-2008, 10:12 PM
I have some "Moody Blues" Remastered CDs that come with 5.1 audio on them. I want to rip the music off of the CD into a 5.1 audio file such a .dts, 5.1 wav or whatever...Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,
Indybird

xRyokenx
04-22-2008, 10:47 PM
Do a Google search for a program that'll do so. Or look up 5.1 on Wikipedia.

Moody Blues is pretty cool... for being such an ass my dad knows some good music. >>

Indybird
04-22-2008, 11:13 PM
I did a google search and kinda found that for some reason computers can't play SACDs (such as this one). OK, thats fine because I had another idea. I'll just hook up my SACD compatible DVD player to my computer via S/PDIF in and record 5.1 from there. One problem: I can't find a program that will do this.

Does anyone know of a program that can record 5.1 audio from a S/PDIF input?

Thanks,
Indybird

Luke122
04-22-2008, 11:37 PM
No clue... but I was going to mention that the SACD probably wont work on the computer drive.. I have a few as well. :)

Indy, are you into hifi?

Indybird
04-23-2008, 08:26 AM
No clue... but I was going to mention that the SACD probably wont work on the computer drive.. I have a few as well. :)

Indy, are you into hifi?
hifi what?

-Indybird

Luke122
04-23-2008, 11:12 AM
Hifi audio.. are you a music nut? Do you have more stereo equipment than any sane person should?

Do you build your own cables,speakers, or components? Have you ever completely rearranged a room to get better sound?

Indybird
04-23-2008, 10:42 PM
Hifi audio.. are you a music nut? Do you have more stereo equipment than any sane person should?

Do you build your own cables,speakers, or components? Have you ever completely rearranged a room to get better sound?

Well, Ive done the last one, but other than that I'd consider myself one tiny step below audiophiles. I love my music and I fine tune it via software, hardware and position. For regular listening 320kb/s MP3 is fine, but if I want something that sounds perfect then I simply put in a DTS CD. My friend however is a music nut, I should get him on here; he did just about everything in that list except for the last (ironic).

I have to admit though, most music really does sound better on stereo speakers, but when 5.1 audio is mixed properly (DTS) then I feel nothing compares.

-Indybird