PDA

View Full Version : Boot manager issues and Winload.exe errors

Chewy_Solo
04-23-2008, 10:39 PM
it all started when i came home from school... i booted my computer up, and instead of booting windows, in BIOS i get "BOOTMGR failed to load, Press Cntrl +alt+dlte to restart"
so i did so, same issue, so i looked it up online, it told me to repair using the vista install disc, i did so, it worked fine... then i was in vista for about a minute and it froze.... FIRST TIME THE WHOLE OS FROZE!!! So i reset the computer and booted.. then i get an error saying that my Winload.exe is corrupt and to repair it with the vista CD, and an error code of 0xc000000e (most recent error code, not sure if it was the same first time). So i did so, and it worked fine, then later it froze again and when restarted i went throught the CD proccess AGAIN!... Well today (day after all this) i thought it was fixed. Then i was watching a video in Firefox and all of a sudden all my programs start having issues... then my mouse freezes... i wait it out.. then i get a BSOD, i couldnt catch the error code because i think that when i reloaded boot manager and stuff from CD it reset my BSOD screen setting to keep it there... so im not sure what this issue is, it continues to reoccur.

I didnt install anything the day prior to this issue that im aware of.

ANY help appreciated! thanks!

My system Specs are as follows:
Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP1
EVGA nForce 680i T1 motherboard
EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB
PNY 7600 GS 256MB (2 secondary monitors)
2 GB of Patriot eXtreme Performance RAM
150GB Raptor 10k RPM HD, 160GB Seagate Barracuda
Intel Core 2 Quad q6600 @ 2.4Ghz
Razer Barracuda AC-1 Sound Card

doug91
04-23-2008, 10:57 PM
Did you recently install any new hardware?
Are you running a Dual-boot system? (more than 1 OS)

Chewy_Solo
04-23-2008, 11:07 PM
Did you recently install any new hardware?
Are you running a Dual-boot system? (more than 1 OS)

Nope

doug91
04-24-2008, 11:16 AM
Try booting into any of the safe modes.
press F8 to get to the boot menu after your system POSTs

Chewy_Solo
04-24-2008, 09:30 PM
i will attempt to, i mean i can boot, but half the time i get that error message, and a freeze alot, so safe mode shouldnt be issue but we will see

Chewy_Solo
04-26-2008, 03:42 PM
safe mode works fine, i didnt use it much, but i ran a Memtest and it came up clean, so did my HD tests (CHKDISK and HDDM)

EDIT: actually it also froze in safe mode with networking

Chewy_Solo
04-27-2008, 02:38 PM
any ideas?

i got some error codes from BSODs (after freezing)

0x0000007a
and
0x0000008e

doug91
04-28-2008, 03:30 PM
well that is not good..
both those error codes have to due with Kernel Errors.
The Kernel is the hidden layer of your computer. It is the core layer of the OS that communicates between the hardware and the rest of the OS.

I'll post back in a bit with some possible solutions

Chewy_Solo
04-28-2008, 06:27 PM
i think i fixed it by reseating SATA cables.... ill post back if not fixed, thanks :D :D