PDA

View Full Version : Time management / calendar software

luciusad2004
05-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Anybody hear use any sort of Time Management or Calendaring software. Between work and School ive been having a really hard time getting my act togethor and trying to manage everything that i need to do. I'm just looking for suggestions on any good software you guys may use.

I'm currently using iCal(mac software) and experimenting w/ Google Calendar. Would you recomend or not recomend a web based calendar? I don't really care about "sharing my calendar" but am more interested in having access to it anywere i go. The good thing about the google calendar is that i can access it from school. Once i get a new laptop though I will have wifi and probably cary it w/ me so this will be a non issue. I'm also thinking of trying Entourage (outlook for mac, just has a funny name). I never got around to giving it a fair shot because it won't let me import my calendar from ical. (A huge mistake if you ask me. From what i understand ical files seem to be pretty standard fair but MSoft decided they weren't necessary)

Any body recomend any other software for getting organized? Even if you just have some tips for managing your time w/ out the use of software id would appreciate that as well. I know there has to be busybodies on this forum w/ lots of responsibilites to juggle lol.

Thanks for any help.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I can use suggestions for Windows and Mac software so don't be afraid to speak up about what you use and what OS it runs on. : )

chaksq
05-01-2008, 01:39 PM
I do! As for specific software, I have no preference. Was using the Windows Calendar built into Vista because it was there. Haven't been using my Vista machine much lately since installing linux so now I've been looking into other alternatives, strongly leaning towards trying Sunbird since the other Mozilla products are so great. As for being able to access anywhere I'm not sure, I know most of my email accounts have calendars I can access anywhere online (Yahoo! and AOL probably Hotmail).

luciusad2004
05-01-2008, 02:01 PM
I didn't think of that one. maybe ill give sunbird a try since i'm assuming its cross platform like most of the other mozilla products. It would be nice to have a single program across all of my machines. Linux support is nice to. Ill get linux up and running... one of these days.

After a quick search it appears you can dowload extensions for it to. I found one that appears like it will allow it to sync w/ google calendar, and i wouldn't be suprised to find an extension that would allow me to sync my calendars across various computers. I know they have similar things for firefox in terms of bookmarks and what not.

Thanks for the tip :)

Still open to any suggestions

.Maleficus.
05-01-2008, 07:32 PM
+1 for Sunbird.

Bopher
05-02-2008, 04:50 AM
I used a Palm for the longest time till I upgraded my cell phone to a smart phone. It makes it easy to 1) remember certain appointments, and 2) I can schedule work and orders for the store and recall them when the DM requests dates and times for things.

Having a Palm with wifi was handy to because if I needed to email something out right away I could. I remember the DM needing pics of something so I snapped a couple with my Razor, used the Bluetooth to transfer them to the Palm and then just emailed them straight from there. Very handy to have. Now I can do the same but without all the transferring around.