PDA

View Full Version : What do with a Thermalrock Mystic case?

Chan
10-26-2005, 08:58 PM
Hey all,

I just bought a Thermalrock Mystic case and I'm a little disappointed, it looked much cooler in the pictures (I really should have paid more attention to the measurements but I didn't think a desktop case would be that big...). So, now I want to mod it up and I am looking for a few suggestions. All the examples I've seen have been for towers - what can I do with an oversized HTPC?

Thanks,

Chanora

Crimson Sky
10-26-2005, 10:41 PM
watercool it, baby!

nuthin' like having some extra room for plumbing ;)

Judgement
10-27-2005, 02:44 AM
I'm not sure how much work your looking to put into it. However my first thought would be to run with the name on the cover CD tray door Mystic go for something like wisards and dragons. Another thought would be add in a clear top so u can look down and see in at all ur nifty hardware. 8) Hope it helps

Rankenphile
10-27-2005, 11:32 AM
If you wanna get really silly, you could make it into the FraggleRock Mystic. Fill the inside and outside with a whole Dozer theme - clear plexi scaffolding and lots of the little green dudes in hardhats everywhere. Lol.

Judgement
10-28-2005, 01:57 AM
Haha YES! FraggleRock! and you could make your boot up the FragleRock theme song :D

Chan
10-28-2005, 02:07 AM
Thanks for the suggestions :)

I think I'll try and put a window in the top. Now to work out where I'm going to put the thing, it takes up to much space on the desk but I bought a desktop because I wanted everything to be in easy reach (I'm too lazy to crawl under the desk to turn it on or fiddle around with cables). If I put the monitor on it then the monitor's too high. Maybe I'll have to sit on a bar stool...

slaveofconvention
10-28-2005, 12:13 PM
Putting the monitor on top of it will kinda get in the way of the window too :p