PDA

View Full Version : Big potential for decorating

tohito
10-27-2005, 08:49 PM
I read this article in Popular Science Magazine rececntly, and I immediately imagined usaing this technique to decorate a computer case. I hope posting a hyperlink is OK, I couldn't find anything in the rules about it.
Popular Science: Titanium in Technicolor (http://www.popsci.com/popsci/how20/3f178ca927d05010vgnvcm1000004eecbccdrcrd.html)

Crimson Sky
10-27-2005, 10:28 PM
Thats really neat. ain't science cool? 8)

onelegout
11-02-2005, 04:36 PM
Hey all, this is my first post, I figure that im going to be asking you all for advice soon so I should offer some advice of my own first! :D
this titanium anodizing method can be used with a stencil too. By making a stencil out of acetate or card (if you have trouble with this, or want to try something a little more intricate, see www.stencilrevolution.com) you can apply the soda through an airbrush or simply a sponge to create a pattern or logo or other image with the anodized effect!
Peace
H

P.S. Plans are being made to paint small stencil graffiti on the gugenheim using this method too haha!

Crimson Sky
11-02-2005, 04:45 PM
Welcome to the forums--would really like to see that etching project!--post many pics ;)