PDA

View Full Version : Remote access program w/o plugin

Indybird
05-13-2008, 09:42 PM
Does anyone know of a remote PC access program that allows you to access it via browser and use it without a browser plugin?

I'd like to be able to use this in any kind of public place, i.e, School, Library, etc.

Thanks,
Indybird

Luke122
05-13-2008, 11:52 PM
The remote desktop feature built into XP works pretty nice, and can be accessed by Linux clients using VNC. I've found that my Windows 2000 server is actually faster through VNC on a linux box than it is on an XP box.

On servers, I've used TSweb to remote in, but it does require a plugin in the browser. (I think)

Indybird
05-14-2008, 12:08 AM
The remote desktop feature built into XP works pretty nice, and can be accessed by Linux clients using VNC. I've found that my Windows 2000 server is actually faster through VNC on a linux box than it is on an XP box.

On servers, I've used TSweb to remote in, but it does require a plugin in the browser. (I think)

Whats VNC?

Thanks,
Indybird

Bopher
05-14-2008, 12:48 AM
LogMeIn works for me. I don't think you need to install anything to a system. I'll double check and get back to you.

Dilphat
05-14-2008, 12:18 PM
LogMeIn works for me. I don't think you need to install anything to a system. I'll double check and get back to you.

Yeah, I use LogMeIn. It does require a plugin on first run on firefox though. but on IE it just works fine without any additional add ons. I use it at school to start downloading anime on my home box :banana: lol

DaJe
05-14-2008, 04:39 PM
LogMeIn doesn't actually require the plugin I think. It's optional. But it may help it run better.