PDA

View Full Version : A Couple Mod Q's

MCMJ2005
11-01-2005, 08:39 PM
Hey whats up!? Me and my lil bro got bored of our old white computer so we want to MOD it! We are new though and have a few questions to start off at.

PAINT

I have been told on another forum, befor I was banned from sumthin I have no clue what I did, I was told the best thing to use is Vynal Dye. And They showed my a tutorial that said what it does, how it does it, and how to do it. In your opinion would you use it? If so how would you sujest painting disk drives? Take them out and just paint them, or tape around cracks... ????

Plexi-Glass Windows

We bout a large thing of plexi-glass and want to cut out a window for it on the site. Well what shall we cut the whole with? Razor Blade? Saw? Drill it and sand... ???
Also how do we get the plexi-glass to stay up? Glue it? Screw it? Sujestions would be appreaciated!

Neon Lights

We know how to solder but were would be solder LEDs, and NEON string in? I don't want to put Neon lights in with power cords that hang out back LOL. I know nuthin really about risistores, nodes, ect. I just want the neon lights, LEDs to turn on when I turn on the computer.

That should do it

thanks for help if u give it

maxx0012
11-01-2005, 09:55 PM
If i were you, first off if you were to paint your whole case its a tedious and time consuming project if you want the full feature glossy box, it would be like: sand-prime-sand-prime-wetsand-basecoat-sand-midcoat-sand-finalcoat-clearcoat/gloss finish. Im pritty sure im correct on that but there might be a little more/less sanding or priming in there. as for the window, i suggest you pick up a dremmel its a really handy tool and can do various projects not just windows. and to keep the window in i personally use screw's but you can use adheasive glue or double sided foam tape. id watch out for the glue because some glue has chemicles that can make the plexi seem smokey or like a white color and believe me it does NOT look good at all. and finally for "neon lights" im guessing you mean cold cathodes and these come in two different sizes im aware of 12 inch's (1 foot) or 4 inch's and they can be found at a local computer store or online for fairly cheap depending on where you live and what size/brand you want. they come in a various amount of colors and are hooked up by a inverter that comes with the coldcathode flourescent lamp (CCFL) and it also usually comes with a backplate with a on/off switch. for future modding you could take the switch out and mod the switch's into an extra 3 1/2 drive cover for easy access like i did to my rig. personally it looks alot better and is alot more user friendly then reaching around your case to turn on lights and messing with wires in your way. Hope this helps. anything else just ask.

Rankenphile
11-02-2005, 02:50 AM
I'd say something here, but Maxx pretty much nailed it.

So, yeah.

MCMJ2005
11-04-2005, 06:33 AM
thanks maxx!!!!!!!!! hahah!!!! Ima get ta work this weekend or next!!! thanks!!