PDA

View Full Version : Sound Blaster Audigy 5.1 to RCA Jacks

nailz
06-02-2008, 03:29 PM
Ok guys, I appologise if this question's been asked, but I didn't see it on the forum. Here's what I've got at home:

Media Computer in the living room hooked up to my TV (VGA connection, standard.. hey, it's an old computer :] ) using an Audigy 2 w/ 5.1 output. Anyone familiar with the 5.1 output knows there are 3 line outs in the back, front, rear, and a center channel.

Connecting it to a Bose (lol @ me plz) Lifestyle 50 unit, which accepts RCA jacks (red/white). The problem isn't connecting the card: I have a jack->RCA cable. The problem is in that it only connects to the one channel. Does anyone know of a way or a cable that connects all 3 channels through the RCA lines?

Is it even worth it? Do RCA plugs not allow for true 5.1 sound? Should I invest in a receiver instead?

Maybe just sell the bose? :]

Trace
06-02-2008, 04:08 PM
Each RCA jack (1 red, or 1 yellow) Can only feed 1 line of sound, such as they only have 2 wires going through. Power and ground.

mtekk
06-06-2008, 10:19 AM
Each RCA jack (1 red, or 1 yellow) Can only feed 1 line of sound, such as they only have 2 wires going through. Power and ground.

psst. it's red and white (yellow is for video) :)

Anyways the only way you can get multi channel data over one pair of wires is to go digital. But that requires your receiver to support digital in.

HackSore
06-07-2008, 03:59 PM
psst. it's red and white (yellow is for video) :)

Psst. Yellow can also be used for audio purposes, such as subwoofers!

:D

nevermind1534
06-08-2008, 11:50 AM
Psst. The colors only aid in where to connect the wires.

J-Roc
06-09-2008, 07:11 PM
Forget there mumbo jumbo nailz :)

Go into your sound options and set the audio to Stereo mode then connect your mini jack adapter to the green socket and away you go.

RCA (Phono) plugs are Hi-Fi (stereo) only. You cant get 5.1 from them. You can simulate 5.1 through a reciever. For true 5.1 you'll need a reciever with a digital connection or multi channel input (a little rare).