PDA

View Full Version : Need a big PC fan? How about 2000mm?

Indybird
06-03-2008, 08:03 PM
Its arctic cooling's latest "product" (http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=13612). I put product in quotes because im not sure how serious they really are.

Enjoy,
Indybird

Spawn-Inc
06-03-2008, 08:54 PM
haha, i wonder how many CFM that bad ass fan gets?

Zephik
06-03-2008, 08:54 PM
ROFLMAO!

They can't possibly be serious? Can they?

Here I was thinking, "wow, 2000mm huh? Thats pretty big!" when I should of been thinking more on the lines of "Holy mother of sweet baby Jesus! Thats enormous!".

Arctic Cooling say they experimented with an LED version but aircraft kept trying to land on it and having to daisy chain eight power supplies for the lighting was just too silly.

Yea, that would not only be just silly, but potentially dangerous too! I can just imagine people "heading towards the light". That would be pretty gruesome...

Spawn-Inc
06-03-2008, 09:09 PM
Yea, that would not only be just silly, but potentially dangerous too! I can just imagine people "heading towards the light". That would be pretty gruesome...

LMAO, human slicer. the bugs that lost there lives to the bug zapper will finally be able to rest :)

Zephik
06-03-2008, 09:39 PM
Question: Does anyone know if it actually works or if its just a display piece?

LMAO, human slicer. the bugs that lost there lives to the bug zapper will finally be able to rest :)

Human Pringles for the bugs to eat? lol

Spawn-Inc
06-04-2008, 01:32 AM
Question: Does anyone know if it actually works or if its just a display piece?

Human Pringles for the bugs to eat? lol

no, revenge for the bugs who where attracted by the light into a zapper. accept with with the fan and led's you talk of will slice us up.

Trace
06-04-2008, 02:05 AM
Dude, that is pretty sick. But MAJOR overkill...

b4i7
06-04-2008, 02:26 AM
now...i just need a really big radiator...

DonT-FeaR
06-04-2008, 05:40 AM
lol get like 3 car rads and i think they are kidding

quote\/
Stupidly, we loaded up Crysis under Vista, set full everything in the graphics options and started a level. The fan went into overdrive at a deafening 4000rpm before it tore free of the wall and went spinning across the hall sucking in cats and small children on its way. Last we heard it had been shot down somewhere over Vietnam.

Crazy Buddhist
06-04-2008, 06:39 AM
Computer equipment is getting .... bigger? or smaller? ... general trend ... gives you your answer here. This is a display piece.

TheMainMan
06-05-2008, 11:54 AM
So unless your garage is packed with a server farm and you want to mod your garage door, this might be a little tricky to work into most mods. I still want one just so that I can say I have it (and to deter traveling salespeople:twisted:)

Crazy Buddhist
06-05-2008, 12:14 PM
... I still want one just so that I can say I have it (and to deter traveling salespeople:twisted:)

I have a sign on my door that says:

No Sales
No Menus
No Religious
No Junk Mail
No Other Crap
Thank you

It works.

CB

halcyonforever
06-05-2008, 12:30 PM
I was actually thinking of building my next mod around a large house fan.

My wife's computer decided to over-heat last night. I had already taken the cover off, cleaned the fan and heat sink and it still kept shutting down.

In exasperation I went and grabbed a floor fan, dis-assembled the base, and mounted it directly over the processor. With that running on high it was keeping the processor at about 38C.

xRyokenx
06-05-2008, 01:28 PM
I should get one and mount it on my door for when my family comes up to visit for a while... keep my dad out at least, lol.

Zephik
06-05-2008, 07:56 PM
I have a sign on my door that says:

No Sales
No Menus
No Religious
No Junk Mail
No Other Crap
Thank you

I remember when I was a kid going door to door trying to sell chocolate or cookies or whatever was in the catalog that I had for my school. The more you sold, the more points you got, which means the better prize you got. Anyways, I remember going up to this one door that I really didn't feel like going up to (you know those kinds of houses) but my mom kept urging me on saying it would be okay because she was right there in the car (what was she thinking??) and I remember walking up to the door and it had a sign that said;

Go away or meet my dog.
*picture of a pit bull* (<-and not one of those cute ones either)
Have a nice day.

Oddly, the "have a nice day" part was the part that scared me the most for some reason. lol