PDA

View Full Version : BSOD with clean Vista install

rendermandan
06-06-2008, 11:14 PM
I finally got my copy of Vista and tried to install it tonight to a clean hard drive. I did a dual boot config (actually it did it for me)! -I got most of the OS installed, rebooted a few times, and from what looked like it one more reboot, and I was done. However the last time I got a BSOD with the error IRQL-Not-less-than-or-equal. I've tested my memory, OK. I've tried to restart in safe mode. -oops can't do that because its not finished installing, so it reboots. I've tried reinstalling from the cd. But I can't do that because it an Upgrade, not a full version, so I have to run it from XP.

-Very frustrated, and I don't even have it installed yet!!!

rendermandan
06-07-2008, 12:08 AM
Update. I did a reinstall over the top of the new install, and this time it booted ok.

God why can't it be easy????

crenn
06-07-2008, 06:19 AM
Sometimes computer problems can happen randomly (I've had it happen with both XP and Vista), can't explain it but sometimes, it just happens.

Crazy Buddhist
06-07-2008, 07:09 AM
Sometimes computer problems can happen randomly (I've had it happen with both XP and Vista), can't explain it but sometimes, it just happens.

What amazes me is how they happen randomly on a more frequent basis with micro$oft products than others' :dead:

crenn
06-07-2008, 08:05 AM
What amazes me is how they happen randomly on a more frequent basis with micro$oft products than others' :dead:

Depends on how you define a frequent basis. It's rare for me to have problem with microsoft products, although I do have them. Any product (including Linux) is bound to have faults.

Crazy Buddhist
06-07-2008, 09:22 AM
Crenn, my old furry friend,

I am a product of my upbringing.

I have no faults.

I don't even think I'm perfect.

And I don't think it is reasonable for anyone to be as rich as William Gates.

Ubuntu 8.04 is no harder than Vista to install or use. Microsoft will be a minnow within five years. It will be freeware all the way. Microsoft is THE bloatware.

;)

crenn
06-07-2008, 10:55 AM
I'll probably start saying that when majority of games run on Linux 100% :P

As for me, I can't complain with microsoft.... nothing like academic licenses!

Quakken
06-08-2008, 12:42 AM
I can complain about windows vista. But I won't, because microsoft might suspend my license to use their product.

See the problem here?