PDA

View Full Version : Sound Card Suggestions?

Cracker
11-04-2005, 12:25 PM
I'm looking for a new soundcard for my PC.
Requirements:
Must have digital output (optical preferred)
Must work well with games

There might be better places on the internet to ask this question, but when I was looking on Newegg.com for sound cards I came across this user review of the CHAINTECH AV-710 8 (7.1):

Dante, 10/8/2005 11:20:29 AM
It works but not well
It makes sound, plays music, but has been causing a lot of problems with half life 2/CS Source. Earlier version of the drivers (i.e. 4.51c) caused lots of lag\chop\slowdown in HL2 based games and the latest version of the driver (i.e. 4.73b) cause CS Source to constantly crash. This might be related to just my setup but the card overall hasn’t really worked right for me. It does have optical w\cable and if you’re just into that its right for the money.

Is that you Dante? Did you ever figure out if it was your setup or the card itself? Any help is appreciated.

Dante
11-07-2005, 12:44 AM
I'm looking for a new soundcard for my PC.
Requirements:
Must have digital output (optical preferred)
Must work well with games

There might be better places on the internet to ask this question, but when I was looking on Newegg.com for sound cards I came across this user review of the CHAINTECH AV-710 8 (7.1):

Is that you Dante? Did you ever figure out if it was your setup or the card itself? Any help is appreciated.

Nope not me.