PDA

View Full Version : Imon ultra bay backlight

sirkillalot617
06-12-2008, 04:16 PM
Is there anyway of changing the colour of the backlight to red?

J-Roc
06-12-2008, 07:17 PM
I couldnt even figure out how to open it so i could take a look. Its probly plastic clips and might break if you try and force it open.

How do you like the iMedian HD program?

sirkillalot617
06-13-2008, 04:10 AM
I Havent actually used it yet Im trying to see if I can change the light so I can fit it in with my mod I just wanted to see if I could change it to red.

Crazy Buddhist
06-13-2008, 04:22 AM
I have no doubt that with patience and care you could take it to pieces and replace the light source. You will not have a warranty left once done though so be aware - if something else goes wrong with the unit you will have a fancy red light with knobs on. I'd write to Soundgraph and ask if they can advise you on what's needed to do the job, stating you realise you will void your warranty if you do this. I've found them quite responsive before. They might even start offering a choice of colours.

Crazy

sirkillalot617
06-13-2008, 04:28 AM
Well I opened it up to have a look it quite easy actaully but it looks like the lights are inside of the screen itself so it would be hard.

Also the lights are white so me inserting red LEDs are isnt really going to work but I will email soundgraph and see what they say.

I might just use red for the rest of me case as I could try make a cover for my expansion bay which would look pretty good.

Crazy Buddhist
06-13-2008, 04:32 AM
May just be a blue tinted screen cover that you could replace or the LED's look white til they light then they's a turnin blue ....

Seems a shame to make a cover for the IMON - it's such a pretty beast and you will lose access to its easy functionality. If you can't change it from blue can you redesign other elements to make the blue and red work together better?

Crazy

sirkillalot617
06-13-2008, 05:59 AM
I will see what Imon say before I do anything drastic I probebly could get the red and blue to work together better the case itself suited blue well (CM 690) but I think it will look better with red and black and it fits in more with the daedric oblivion etching Im planing.

sirkillalot617
06-13-2008, 08:52 AM
Actually now I have it up and running it looks more white than blue.