PDA

View Full Version : Making my case look chilled, cold...u get the picture...

ProfChaos
11-05-2005, 11:49 PM
well...for my first mod i wanted to make an old case of mine look chilled, frozen, cold...something like that....i got the windows pretty down packed...but the case its self...i first sanded it....primed it wit a nice gray prime...then added a dark blue coat of paint to it...looked liked something u would buy froma store so far....so i added to it..some baby blue spray paint and some light light grey paint which i just used to spray from a 3 foot distance in a closed room n just lightly as possible....n it started to look pretty kool..well atleast to me...i was gonna make a custom grill for it n all..since i wasnt done..but i was hopeing to learn on that later on....but the pain job that i did...didnt quiet get the reaction i would hope...some said it kinda looked like a cloud...others said..it kinda looked like fog....i dunno....=/ ...so i was hoping if neone had ne ideas how to get this frozen, frosted, cold, chilled...etc...look...ty very much...i really appreciate all the help i can get...

Dark-hobo
11-06-2005, 12:20 AM
pics would help in this :D.

Ernie Fernandez
11-06-2005, 11:00 AM
I suggest you start from scratch. Take it outside, and give it a coat of baby-blue paint, and let it dry well. Then, go to Wal-Mart or wherever and get a can of spray-on glue and a can of that spray-on snow stuff you get for Christmas trees. It's about that seasons anyway.

From the bottom up, spray the glue artistically and follow it with the can-o-snow. Watch the old Batman with the Frozen Arnold Shwartzenwhatever character and look for patterns on the scenery.

Rankenphile
11-06-2005, 04:12 PM
Watch the old Batman with the Frozen Arnold Shwartzenwhatever character and look for patterns on the scenery.

You know, it's never good advice if it involves watching that movie. :p

I'm kidding, of course. One of the best things to do is look at references to help create a solid plan. One thing with cold and frost is it tends to collect around the outsides of things first - think about windows in the winter, how they frost around the frame and fade in to the center.

Watch that movie, and others that are similar, to get more ideas. Using crystalization patterns might be helpful. Even running drips of clear epoxy to create an effect of condensation and precipitation might work. It depends on your overall goal, the case itself, and how involved you want to get.

crazybillybob
11-06-2005, 07:53 PM
If you want to make some bits that look like Ice cubeish things. slightly crumple some aluminum foil, then pour in some clear polyester resin (you can pick it up @ micheals or On line!) THen you can light it with a blue led to give itand Icey cast. I've seen pics of a whole case that was made with this method.

Good luck,
Crazybillybob

tybrenis
11-08-2005, 11:25 PM
First, follow some of the tips others have already mentioned. I agree with all of them. However, to add onto that, perhaps try slightly "frosting" your case window. As Rankenphile mentioned, add some details around the edges of the window and perhaps put some epoxy to look like condensation. To frost the window, take a very high grave of snad paper and very lightly sand the window. For a real frosty look, make the sanding uneven so that only parts of the window are as such.

ProfChaos
11-12-2005, 09:43 AM
Thanks...well...as soon as i have the time to...ill start working back on it with some of the tips you guys gave me....=) i thank you all alot...n that batman movie...gah..that was a pain to sit through =P ...lol....any ways....thanks agian...and when im not buzzy with work or school or my girl....ill get to it...and keep everyone up on the progress....but you are gonna have to deal wit me at some times...cause im not really experienced in this hole moding thing and art itself...so imma get things wrong alot...and we can all have a good laugh at me...i mean my mistakes =P....i kinda already frosted my windows...i have one ontop and another on the side....i have it heavly frosted near the fans...because i wanted the fans to b the central point of the case where the chilling begins =P ...somethign crazy like that....but ill work with it....should b interesting....lata ppl =)...