PDA

View Full Version : PC Guardian?

Spacehonkey
06-22-2008, 04:33 PM
Hey guys not sure if this question will be allowed on here but I'm sure someone will let me know soon enough.

Well one of my brother-in-laws got a computer from work because they upgraded and were throwing all the old ones out. The problem is it's got PC Guardian on it and it won't allow me to reformat the computer because whenever I try to install the OS it asks for a username and password and from what I can see there is no way to reset it. I was wondering if anyone out there nows how to do this?

nevermind1534
06-22-2008, 06:27 PM
Is the case locked closed?

Bopher
06-22-2008, 06:42 PM
Have you tried putting it into another computer and running it as a slave then formatting or will it still lock you out?

Spacehonkey
06-22-2008, 07:17 PM
No the case is not locked and I never thought about running it as a slaved drive. I'll try that out and get back with you later.

SgtM
06-22-2008, 09:15 PM
Dude.. DBAN (http://dban.sourceforge.net) it.

Drum Thumper
06-23-2008, 12:27 AM
Dude.. DBAN (http://dban.sourceforge.net) it.

Agreed. Nuke that bad boy. I carry DBAN with me on a flash drive at all times. Wrote "Last Resort" on it with a sharpie.

Bopher
06-23-2008, 01:28 AM
Agreed. Nuke that bad boy. I carry DBAN with me on a flash drive at all times. Wrote "Last Resort" on it with a sharpie.

Do wolves howl and dramatic music play when you take it out?
"Looks like we need to DBAN it" Da Da DAAAAAA!! and wolf howl here.

Drum Thumper
06-23-2008, 02:42 AM
Do wolves howl and dramatic music play when you take it out?
"Looks like we need to DBAN it" Da Da DAAAAAA!! and wolf howl here.

Nah, if I'm feeling exceptionally geeky, I'll assume my best swarchenegger voice and say:

Hasta la Vista, XP

Or something similar. The SO just rolls her eyes when I do this.

Bopher
06-23-2008, 03:06 AM
Or something similar. The SO just rolls her eyes when I do this.

Wow, mine does the same thing when I do something like that. Oops getting of subject here I think. We nede to help honkey so he can get back to that monitor.

Drum crack that whip on him!

Eclecticos
06-23-2008, 05:05 AM
I carry DBAN with me on a flash drive at all times.

Taking mental note. .
"Drumthumper is not allowed around my computers without supervision" :D

Happy Birthday. .brother.
Have a Good one.

Bopher
06-23-2008, 11:28 AM
Taking mental note. .
"Drumthumper is not allowed around my computers without supervision" :D

You'd let him around it otherwise? j/k D

Spacehonkey
07-04-2008, 03:19 AM
I forgot to tell you guys that DBAN worked out great. My brother-in-law's computer is working perfectly now. Thanks for all the help guys.