PDA

View Full Version : mod idea- good idea? or bad idea?

SaWBLaDe
11-08-2005, 08:10 PM
hey all ive deicded to try and do a bit of a case mod i have an idea and i hope people dont rip it off but here it is i want to make my pc look like a cop car sorta theme i have 2 circular strobe lights, one red one blue i have a siren and (i still need some parts but also) a P.A system on top on this im gonna try painting it black with white bits and pieces or vice versa and to control all my lights sirens P.A etc i want to have toggle switches at the front. well thats basically what ive come up with so far and i just want peoples opions and thoughts on the whole theme and parts etc. (also the siren and speakerphone will be inside the case most likely)

snickells
11-17-2005, 07:56 PM
That could be cool, I do some work at the victoria police car construction shop. Ill try and get some sticker off cuts for ya. Dont think i could get any lights though lol.

Snick

crenn
11-17-2005, 09:18 PM
Any case modding idea is never a bad idea. All I can say is go for it. Although in my area, there ain't many black and white cop cars.... mainly blue and orange ones XD

Aero
11-17-2005, 10:31 PM
I like it. Sounds good. I thought about a police-esque case, although I considered a more SWAT type look. But the lights would look sweet, you might even want to fabricate a light bar from plexi to put over them seeing as how most cop cars don't have rond lights. But otherwise sounds cool.

SaWBLaDe
11-18-2005, 01:46 AM
lol finally someone replied to this thread thanks guys and yes im going ahead with it lol i now have 3 cases in the works now. also ive been trying to think of other ways so people can tell its a cop car themed case properly, stickers would be great and i like the light bar idea but it would make things kinda tight cos i was planning on having it widthways across the top of the case and the lights are already 70mm wide each so i would have to squeeze it ontop still im not saying its impossible and im not saying i wont do it :P anyway any more ideas would be great. thansk for the help SaWBLaDe.

SaWBLaDe
11-18-2005, 01:53 AM
btw snickles if u can get stickers it would ****ing rock!!! and i would pay you if u really wanted aswell as long as its within reason. thanks SaWBLaDe

crenn
11-18-2005, 02:28 AM
Just make sure that the stickers are small enough to fit on a case!!!!!!!!

snickells
11-18-2005, 04:54 PM
Saw, they will be offcuts fromt the blue and white square stickers they have down the side of the cars, And dude, i dont want money for scrap plastic! Bah! rubbish!
If i can get em, they will be free. ^_^

SaWBLaDe
11-18-2005, 09:51 PM
****in sweet should be good thanks man