PDA

View Full Version : New virus??? I don't know >.<;

modaholic
07-06-2008, 06:30 AM
Well so here is what i have found out as of now. Here are the signs.

A download or some form of interaction between servers.
Next thing you know, It changes your wallpaper and says that you are infected with viruses.

I have noticed that some of the names it uses are as such:

"Legit Windows Certifier"
"Antivirus XP 2008"

some process names are something along the lines of obviously fake processes, ex. for the AntiVirus XP 2008

lhcbcheck3ro08.exe (not completely sure on the matter)

Now this has passed from what I know,

AVG 8 Free Edition
Norton Anti-Virus 2008
McAfee (of course, it is horrible what can I say)
Kapersky

I work at a computer maintenance shop in my city and we have room to do work on about 20 computers efficiently. Within the few days since thrusday July 3rd to Saturday July 5th we have filled the shop with computers all with the same virus. They all have the same characteristics. although some are better than pthers.

Syntax involves faked out internet Explorer windows and web pages
limited access to areas of the computer (C -drive ect although very easily remedied)
Debilitation of Msconfig and Taskmanager.exe.

Also this virus also likes to have a taskbar icon sometimes which you cannot remove by exiting it. Some are bad though. I have seen them on all sides of the spectrum so far. Some very good, some extremely sad and horrible.

DOES ANYONE HAVE INFORMATION LEADING TO THIS NEW VIRUS? PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

crenn
07-06-2008, 10:45 AM
It's not a new virus, it's actually an revamped old one. A couple of google searches should yeild some results, it's a tricky thing to get rid of, but it's possible.

modaholic
07-06-2008, 10:00 PM
It's not a new virus, it's actually an revamped old one. A couple of google searches should yeild some results, it's a tricky thing to get rid of, but it's possible.

:D Thanks.

Oh I've already gotten rid of it. It's just bugging me because all sorts of people now have it. I had a feeling that it was a revamped sort of Rougeware. I got it solved without programs, it was kind of tricky, but really all I needed was a shortcut to the C:\ Drive and it worked.