PDA

View Full Version : installed XP SP3 and now getting two error msg @ starup

SXRguyinMA
07-07-2008, 12:21 PM
Alright so I installed SP3 for win XP the other day, and now I'm getting two error messages @ startup. One is for my d-link wireless card and I dont know what ther other is for. it says somehting about the files not being able to enter into winapi.dll (I think). I'll get the exact wording when I get home this afternoon.
I uninstalled the wireless card and the msg for that went away, then reinstalled it and it came back. It still works fine, no other issues, jsut annoying popups at startup :?

Will

crenn
07-07-2008, 11:45 PM
You got the latest drivers?

simon275
07-08-2008, 01:33 AM
So they occur after you login to the windows desktop?

Check what is running at startup by going start > run type msconfig and hit enter.

Also latest drivers are a must.

SXRguyinMA
07-08-2008, 07:23 AM
heres the exact wording:

"AirPlusCFG.exe - Entry Point Not Found"
"The procedure entry point apsSearchInterface could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll"

and

"WZCSLDR2.exe - Entry Point Not Found"
The procedure entry point apsGetReady could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll"

The last time I installed the latest drivers for the wireless card is WAY screwed up my OS, wouldnt even load windows, just kept restarting itself. After a full re-install of XP, all was good until I updated the driver again, and on to round two :mad:

So needless to day I dont want to update the AirPlus driver again. And the other program I dont even know what it is :?

So they occur after you login to the windows desktop?

Check what is running at startup by going start > run type msconfig and hit enter.

Also latest drivers are a must.

I'm running XP home with no login, so right after the desktop opens the airplus one pops up then a few seconds later the other

J-Roc
07-08-2008, 08:18 PM
AirPlusCFG.exe is the configuration program. Do you get the same error when trying to start the configuration program from the desktop or start menu?

wzcsldr2.exe sounds like a setup wizard program but i am unsure.

SXRguyinMA
07-08-2008, 11:53 PM
yea after I reinstalled the airplus when I'd try to open the CFG program it'd pop up as well, but the card still works fine, just annoying having the errors

SgtM
07-09-2008, 07:40 PM
It's two instances of basically the same thing. Sounds like they're conflicting.
http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/wzcsldr2.exe.html

SXRguyinMA
07-09-2008, 11:52 PM
it would appear so huh? strange. I was thinking about getting a new card anyways, something with better signal reception, and possibly not a d-link this time

Anmar
02-05-2010, 02:16 PM
Ive installed Xp SP3 and I receive errors during when xp start loading after I operate My pc
These errors are:
[U]AirPlusCFG.exe - Entry Point Not Found"The procedure entry point apsSearchInterface could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll"
"WZCSLDR2.exe - Entry Point Not Found"Please how could I resolve this issue??????

Luke122
02-05-2010, 02:21 PM
Welcome to TBCS!

Try to uninstall-reinstall your Wireless card software and drivers.