PDA

View Full Version : Virus issue

garzzar
07-14-2008, 02:30 PM
ok remeber before where i talked about my friends comp getting a virus well now mines got one and i think it might be the same one except i got to it quicker, i think ive deleted most of the corrupted files except for 2 which is says i do not have perission to delete manually and my virus protection says they are too bigg to delete "I use AVG" any suggestions?

Snowman
07-14-2008, 04:36 PM
Get rid of avg for one thing. They sold out about 6 months back. Also boot linux and go to the directory where these files are located and delete. Usually if it gets that bad and I havent really had that many problems since the worm32 virus i just back up all the important stuff and format my hard drive and do a fresh install.

.Maleficus.
07-14-2008, 07:06 PM
Welcome to the forums garzzar and Snowman.

As far as the virus goes, like Snowman said, get rid of AVG and purchase some worthwhile software. Kaspersky and Trend Micro are very good, and so is Nod32. Nobody likes to buy antivirus software every year, but trust me, it's always worth it. If those don't help, boot a Linux CD and delete from there.

Or you could save time and money and ditch Windows completely :D.

garzzar
07-15-2008, 07:02 AM
ok i think i have the issue resovled i used a restore point from a couple weeks back and i think it worked the only problem now is my cpu seems like its working too much where it normally doesnt

Snowman
07-15-2008, 09:58 AM
That means that virus is still chompin at the bit... and bytes ahahah i made a funny. but seriously you dont have to pay to get a good antivirus just do a little research. If you have to run windows try dual booting or running a virtual machine.

J-Roc
07-17-2008, 09:02 PM
http://www.gibinsoft.net

Download "Move on Boot"

You can select any file and delete it when the system reboots. It'll delete whatever you tell it to so make sure your not deleting somthing you need! Works 100% of the time all the time.

Eclecticos
07-17-2008, 09:21 PM
i think ive deleted most of the corrupted files except for 2 which is says i do not have perission to delete manually

Log on as administrator and attempt to delete the files.
or Try deleting them in safe mode or with a secure shredder.

If you download free virus scan "Avast (http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.html)" it will do a through memory scan after installation has rebooted
your machine . .and more than likely repair the damage.

HackSore
07-19-2008, 09:30 AM
If you download free virus scan "Avast (http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.html)" it will do a through memory scan after installation has rebooted
your machine . .and more than likely repair the damage.

Avast is fantastic, i recommend it highly, i have tried countless antivirus programs, from free to massively overpriced, and the free edition of avast is the best i have come across.

And yeah, i third getting rid of AVG!

xmastree
07-19-2008, 02:50 PM
And yeah, i third getting rid of AVG!
Is it that bad now?

Snowman
07-19-2008, 05:03 PM
Is it that bad now?

Yeah if I remember right they got bought out by the same people that bought lopht crack. Those evil symantec bastards.