PDA

View Full Version : New addition to the family

SgtM
07-14-2008, 09:31 PM
Finally broke down and got a pet. We picked her up on Saturday. She's a puggle (Pug Beagle mix) we named Dazey. Very cool little pup. Playful, affectionate, and good with the kids.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f186/sgtm_usmc/DSC02790.jpg

XcOM
07-14-2008, 09:37 PM
sweet dude, now you need to mod that collor of hers! put some LED's and stuff in there

TheGreatSatan
07-14-2008, 11:45 PM
Everyday my daughter cries about not having a dog. I am sooooo close to getting one. Did you buy it at a pet store or adopt?

OvRiDe
07-14-2008, 11:46 PM
Very cool Rick! Looks like she already knows her place.. (where ever you are! :D )

SgtM
07-15-2008, 12:23 AM
We got her from a breeder around here. I had never heard of the breed before. From what the guy was saying, they're becoming very popular. She's not acting at all like I anticipated. I expected separation anxiety, lack of appetite, unwilling to play. None of that. She hasn't cried, loves to play, eats well, and has only had a couple of accidents in the house.

IndyRacer27
07-15-2008, 12:31 AM
Why didn't you get a cute one?

Just Kidding! How could you refuse picking her up! I've never heard of a puggle, what a cute dog. When it's time for us to get another dog, I think it may have to be a puggle.

Bopher
07-15-2008, 03:21 AM
They wife and i could never agree on a dog so we'll probably never get one. But I feel like someday we may get one. She wants a Sheba Inu and I want a Dachsund. Or even a Cocker Spainel. But thet Puggle is cute too. I've heard that sometimes those mixed breeds can have some health problems so its probably good you got it from a breeder.

Crimson Sky
07-15-2008, 12:12 PM
Actually the Beagle/Pug mix can be a benefit--it pretty much eliminates the breathing problems of the Pug by elongating the snout. In fact, mutts have less problems than pure breeds.

VERY cute puppy, congrats on the new family member :)

Snowman
07-15-2008, 01:24 PM
http://www.ghostknox.com/imagehost/uploads/dd50821268.jpg (http://www.ghostknox.com/imagehost)

The only dog I will probably ever own. This was my pitbull Grover a few months before he got hit by a car. He was my dog and his sister was my fiance's she stopped eating and ran away after he died.

Airbozo
07-15-2008, 04:10 PM
Actually the Beagle/Pug mix can be a benefit--it pretty much eliminates the breathing problems of the Pug by elongating the snout. In fact, mutts have less problems than pure breeds.

VERY cute puppy, congrats on the new family member :)

Truth be 'dat! Very cute!

In all the years of owning animals, the pure breds always have more medical issues and shorter lives. I have never purchased any pet except fish. I currently have one found dog and one dog I forcibly rescued from a very abusive family (under threat of calling the SPCA (which I did anyway)). My Blue and Gold Macaw is also a rescue bird who would have normally been put to death due to medical issues (now very healthy except for 2 broken wings...).

/soapbox
If you can avoid it, NEVER buy a dog or cat (or any animal for that matter), from a store or breeder unless you plan on breeding or showing the animal (then make sure the paperwork is legit and the animal is in good health). There are plenty of animals in your local shelter that could use a good home. The number of animals being put to death in this country is staggering. And do spay or neuter your pet unless you plan on breeding.
/soapbox

Snowman
07-15-2008, 04:29 PM
Both of my pittbulls were adoption cases. Never had a problem with my pure breds. Although the pure rottweiler my step dad has is the most un-intelligent animal I have ever met in my life. However the dobies, pits, and german shepherds we have had were great animals. Also had a mutt that just died that was a great animal. So I don't necessarily agree that however there are some breeds that have genetic things such as bad hips in Labradors and things or that nature but that comes from years of breeding to get specific features into a specific dog. I don't like most of the designer dogs although the one you have there isn't too bad.

SgtM
07-17-2008, 02:38 AM
Thanks everyone. She really is a great pup. My parents have always had dogs. It's great to have my own now.