PDA

View Full Version : Superman themed

public_eyesore
11-13-2005, 02:19 AM
I've recently been thinking of doing a mod on a new case i got ( http://www.codegenworld.com/admin/product_20/pic_max/b_246.jpg ) and o've concluded that i will to a slightly themed mod on Superman. I have been collecting memorabilia and reading comic my whole life. I don't believe this is going to fail like my lan projet did, due to the simplicity of this project. I will be integrating the new exos i will be recieveing from "The Great Satan". I am thinking of something like the picture below. i may even include a superman smashing through the front, kinda like the matrix mod. Ihope to get my plans sorted out in the next week and will begin as soon as i can.

http://img497.imageshack.us/img497/5059/untitled22bm.jpg

TheGreatSatan
11-13-2005, 02:22 AM
Are you gonna paint the Koolance to match?

public_eyesore
11-13-2005, 02:32 AM
yea definatly, i also might put mesh over it to matcht the front. Im gonna put custom superman grills on the koolance and replace the fans with red led ones. Im thinking red lights outside and blue inside.

edit: i forgot to mention that the big superman sybol on the front will be the power button, and the edges, if i can figure it out will glow red, when it on.

Rankenphile
11-13-2005, 07:39 PM
Ya gots ta put Doomsday somewhere in here.

Ya just gots ta!

public_eyesore
11-13-2005, 09:23 PM
i'd like to, but im kinda basing it more on "Kingdom Come". And sadly doomsday is not in the series

TheGreatSatan
11-13-2005, 09:53 PM
What program did you use for that picture?

sXenoG
11-13-2005, 10:25 PM
I dont know what program he used but you can easily photoshop that.

public_eyesore
11-13-2005, 10:53 PM
yea i photoshoped it

SaWBLaDe
11-14-2005, 05:25 AM
hye emo child just a thought but why dont u try finding or making some "crystals" to put inside or maybve on top of you super man case and light it with green leds so it looks like kryptonite that would be f'in sweet anyways good luck :P

TheGreatSatan
11-14-2005, 09:58 AM
Good title:

Fortress of Solitude

public_eyesore
11-14-2005, 03:51 PM
i got a little bit of money put together, and i want to start making the symbol thats on the front of the computer. I was thinking of making it out of clay, but i want somthing a bit more durable and i was wondering if anyone has every heard of like moldable acrylic or have an idea of what i can make it out of.

Rankenphile
11-14-2005, 07:02 PM
Well, you can make it out of clay and then make a mold for it - see WilletFX's excellent worklog. You could also just use sheet styrene and acryllic for your symbol and just build it up into the design in thin layers.

public_eyesore
11-14-2005, 10:12 PM
I reviewed the mold making my my modding partner (a.k.a. my mom) and we decided that that would probably be the best way to make the symbol. Thanks for your input Rankenphile

Rankenphile
11-15-2005, 02:12 AM
No problem - our advice here only comes with one condition - take pics to show us how ya did it! :p

public_eyesore
11-29-2005, 09:13 PM
i figured the best way to get my butt working on the project, is to post pictures of what ive dont so far.

Ive taken the case apart and painted it black then gave it a coat of super refelctive paint (paint with sparkles). Then i sanded the bottom because of a coule of bubbles. I will repaint the bottom, so dont worry. Then im going to give it a couple of coats of gloss to finish it off.

The pictures really don't give the case justice, in fact they make it look like crap, but i can assure you, the sparkle paint it amazing looking. The reason, it looks so bright, is because of the flash, but if you just see the light go off, it looks like a christmas tree, it really cool. Also the gold tinge makes it look weird, but thats also the flash, the sparkles are silver. and by the way, the sparles dont look anywhere as numerous as they do in the pictures.

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/5120/img13378og.jpg

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/3233/img13366mj.jpg