PDA

View Full Version : Atomchip

notuern
11-17-2005, 09:31 AM
The company called atomchip has started the new era of computer hardware with their 6,8 ghz processors.. but the biggest change is not just speed, but now the processor is optical and have 256 mb cache (beat that intel ;) ).

the current computers they are developing are laptops wich use theese processors and they have 1 TB ram and 2 TB harddrive space 8)

sadly enough, there is no info about any new type of graphicscards or soundcards.

but you can read for youre self at http://atomchip.com/_wsn/page3.html :)

Rankenphile
11-17-2005, 02:22 PM
A terrabyte of RAM?

Yeah... I find that very hard to believe.

onelegout
11-17-2005, 03:07 PM
I find it hard to belive too. Add to that the fact that the photo of the 'wireless bluetooth 1.3mpx webcam' pictured here: http://atomchip.com/db4/00366/atomchip.com/_uimages/Camera.JPG
Appears to be identical, (apart from colour and logo) to my 19.99 usb webcam, Im not too sure about this.........
You would think that a company producing 1Tb ram chips would have a website which doesnt look like a 5-year old kid has made.........
By the way, I thought that ram by definition was volatile?

Is this a joke? :D

notuern
11-17-2005, 04:03 PM
no this is a serius company :P this is their first real breakthrough to the public though.. before they just produced different chips to governments etc. and they work with nanomicrons.. basicly you can create a 12v battery with a piece of meat and a fan that you cant see with youre eyes with use of nanomicrons ;P and for the webcam part, its not impossible that they bought the design? :?

Crimson Sky
11-17-2005, 05:21 PM
This looks like total vaporware or even a joke created by some bored students. Its an absolutely confusing site with technical mumbo-jumbo that means...nothing lol :D but hey..I could be wrong.

Rankenphile
11-17-2005, 05:34 PM
Speaking of hoax websites, here is one of my favorite.

Hetracil.com (http://hetracil.com/)

snickells
11-17-2005, 07:19 PM
That hetracil site is a killer rofl

wingman358
11-18-2005, 04:25 PM
Yeah that site does look like bull****. Found this in the source of one of the pages:
...CONTENT=" Science & Technology News Your Keyword 3 Your Keyword 4
Your Keyword 5 Your Keyword 6 Your Keyword 7 Your Keyword 8 Your Keyword 9
Your Keyword 10 Your Keyword 11 Your Keyword 12 Your Keyword 13 Your
Keyword 14 Your Keyword 15 Your Keyword 16 Your Keyword 17 Your Keyword 18
Your Keyword 19 Your Keyword 20">

That obviously means that someone didn't write this code themselves. Prossional web designers almost always write their own code, rather than use something like Dreamweaver. Don't you think a company making some big time products like that would spend a little on a professional web designer?

Rankenphile
11-18-2005, 05:47 PM
Prossional web designers almost always write their own code, rather than use something like Dreamweaver.?

Not entirely true. A lot of professionals do use Dreamweaver and manually edit code from there to fit their needs, as it simplifies a lot of the creation process. Its like saying that real cooks prefer to cook their meals after building a fire out of scrap wood - sure, you can, and sometimes you get better results, but if the tools are out there, why bother making it harder for yourself than it needs to be.

That said, yeah, no professional web designer leaves "YourKeyword20" in the code. That site is a complete hoax.

jc_dirtdog
11-18-2005, 08:50 PM
I used the whois database with my linux box and gathered the following information about atomchip:

Shimon Gendlin
21 Reed Lane
Westbury, NY 11590
(516)368-4800
atomchip@optonline.net

Registrar name= Register.com

Created on Sun, Aug 25, 2002
Expires on Fri, Aug 25, 2006
Last updated on Fri, Jul 29, 2005

I am not sure what to think. :D
Jack.

jc_dirtdog
11-18-2005, 11:51 PM
atomchip is a big hoax!!!

Upon further investagation, I found out that the pcs were photoshoped, you can tell if you look close at them.
I also found this link, it is all BULL SNIT!!!

http://www.portablegadgets.net/article/59/atomchip-is-a-hoax

It kinda had me going though! :D

Rankenphile
11-19-2005, 01:49 AM
Just to clarify, there is a real atom chip group, you can find their link here (http://www.atomchip.org/).

Not the same thing, but thought we should at least give credit to people who are actually working on something.

notuern
11-21-2005, 03:12 PM
hmm.. k. but still this is possible with nanotechnoligy. :P

Rankenphile
11-21-2005, 05:21 PM
Possible, but not probable.

The Guest
11-22-2005, 12:46 PM
Indeed not probabale, Nano science is still just a baby, and any giant leaps wouldnt be thrwon straight on the market with such amazing results ready to be consumed by the masses, its a great subject though and one that will definatly be BIG in the near future :)

montmorency
12-02-2005, 06:31 PM
thats crazy. although i agree, nano-technology will be huge. its amazing when you think about what could be done with the technology that may be created i n the next few years.