PDA

View Full Version : This september- My month for Pc gaming.

Quakken
08-08-2008, 10:39 PM
Spore. Warhammer online.

I think I may be taking september off for gaming.

Spore- Revolutionary. Needless to say more.

Warhammer- Looks like it will be outrageously fun. I will totally nerd out for this game. Sure, I won't be doing things with friends, but who actually talks to the people they knew in high school after they get out of high school?

xRyokenx
08-08-2008, 11:03 PM
I'd be more excited about the games coming out this fall if I didn't have college, oh well, learning is its own sort of fun. Lemme know how Spore is.

As to your friends, if any of them are interested, see if they'll play some Warhammer with you or something. CoOp is awesome, but when you can't have that, FFA is fun too.

Durrthock
08-08-2008, 11:21 PM
Spore looks great, But I know someone who was in the warhammer beta, and they said it sucks.

Quakken
08-09-2008, 03:40 PM
Huh. What did they say was wrong with it? I'm not one to go rush out at midnight to buy it, I will probably wait a week or two for some reviews and REAL gameplay videos to trickle in.

If it live up to the hype, it should be better then WoW, albeit with less polish because it hasn't gone through 2 and a half years of patches.

I just hope it's not another AOC.

FuzzyPlushroom
08-09-2008, 03:45 PM
Between Spore and a certain release in November (http://ir.take2games.com/ReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=326627), it's looking to be a good autumn for PC gamers!

Quakken
08-09-2008, 04:49 PM
OH SHI-

Sweet! I didn't know that was going to be out for the PC so soon!

Awesome. I have yet to play it at all. I think I will wait.

FuzzyPlushroom
08-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Hah, that was my reaction too! I know it seems "soon", but it ain't - it'll have been over six months since the console release...! And, after all, that was delayed, as well - giving them more time to work on all three versions.

Didn't think we could make it... but we will. Oh, we will. Fingers crossed it's not Vista-only, though; I'd hate to have to, ah, completely legally obtain a new operating system and another two gigs of RAM.

Either way, I'm going to wait, too, since I don't know anyone with a PS3 and can't stand the Xbox controller layout.

Durrthock
08-09-2008, 11:54 PM
Huh. What did they say was wrong with it? I'm not one to go rush out at midnight to buy it, I will probably wait a week or two for some reviews and REAL gameplay videos to trickle in.

If it live up to the hype, it should be better then WoW, albeit with less polish because it hasn't gone through 2 and a half years of patches.

I just hope it's not another AOC.

They said it was boring, play dark age of Camelot, its essentially the same game, Crap Pve all focused towards pvp, but the combat is slow paced.

Quakken
08-10-2008, 01:05 AM
From what I've read, DAOC was ruined in an attempt to make it more acceptable to the mainstream. Maybe not. I've never played it, so I can't judge.

Personally, I quit wow for lack of any useful PVP. PVE is boring. An encounter with another player will always be slightly different, and if it isn't a twitchy-action, click-within-the-millisecond-or-lose type of pvp, then good. It's nice to be able to strategize your next move when in a battle. It's nice to be able to think.

Or maybe it will be absolute rubbish. If it is, then I will play other games. Like GTA4. *salivates*

Durrthock
08-10-2008, 10:36 AM
My vote goes to gta4, Fracking love that game. :D

Quakken
08-21-2008, 12:08 AM
So Mythic has lifted the NDA on the WAR beta. And guess what? There are the inevitable similarities to WoW, but it's awesome.

Good, intense RvR. Well balanced classes. Engaging end game, like a large amount of great RvR, with capitol city raids to work towards. The fights with individual other players are usually reasonably long, and you have a lot of tools to work with, in every class, at all times.

guild keeps to take over. You can level all the way to 40 without touching a quest or doing any pve at all. You can get there by pure pwnage.

But if you are a sole-pve person... you may want to stay with wow and keep running the same instance over and over again.

Okele
08-21-2008, 03:57 AM
From what I've read, DAOC was ruined in an attempt to make it more acceptable to the mainstream. Maybe not. I've never played it, so I can't judge.

Personally, I quit wow for lack of any useful PVP. PVE is boring. An encounter with another player will always be slightly different, and if it isn't a twitchy-action, click-within-the-millisecond-or-lose type of pvp, then good. It's nice to be able to strategize your next move when in a battle. It's nice to be able to think.

Or maybe it will be absolute rubbish. If it is, then I will play other games. Like GTA4. *salivates*

the bolded, underlined and italicized sentence is what has killed quite a few mmo's since the release of WoW. Look at SWG, one of the better games out there until messed with it to attract "WoW type" players. Theres some fun things with SWG these days, but the old days are long gone.

.Maleficus.
08-21-2008, 11:15 AM
All this talk of Warhammer makes me want to go install it again.

I think I will.

Quakken
08-21-2008, 02:05 PM
Yeah, I looked into SWG, but they ruined it pretty bad, too. Pseudo-fps controls in an RPG? It's weird. And of course, it doesn't have near the polish on gameplay and it doesn't have any remarkable pvp at all. Sure, you can kill other players, but there is almost no reward for doing so. And that's a real shame, they need to remake SWG, with really good pvp and controls (probably better graphics too), and I think it would be way more appealing. The premise is good, but the execution was pretty bad.

But war looks like it will have none of these problems. They remixed the RvR again, so when you get to the fourth tier, you are raiding the opposite race's fort instead of city, and after your realm captures 2 out of 3 of the other realms forts, you progress on to raid either chaos's "inevitable city" or order's "Altdorf".

It's another tier of RvR, and it makes the two realms more together and working towards a common goal.

The Great Destroyer
08-26-2008, 07:23 AM
can't wait for WaR, but i'll probably stick to WoW until they drop the price. spore should be interesting too, been waiting for that for what seems like forever!

anyone know if theres plans for releasing Force Unleashed for pc???

HackSore
08-27-2008, 10:42 AM
Yeah, I looked into SWG, but they ruined it pretty bad, too. Pseudo-fps controls in an RPG? It's weird. And of course, it doesn't have near the polish on gameplay and it doesn't have any remarkable pvp at all. Sure, you can kill other players, but there is almost no reward for doing so. And that's a real shame, they need to remake SWG, with really good pvp and controls (probably better graphics too), and I think it would be way more appealing. The premise is good, but the execution was pretty bad.

I used to play SWG, i was one of the players that came in after the combat upgrade (the first big change) and before the New Game Experience (the second, even bigger change) and i have to admit i loved it, it was an awesome game. Sure, it had its bugs, just like any other mmo, but all in all it was great fun to play and filled with great people.
I really dont know what the thinking was behind the gameplay changes, they were horrible. I quit shortly after the NGE was implimented, as i just wasnt having fun with the game any more. it was a real shame, as they completely drove out most of their existing player base with a change that just wasnt required.
I can understand the changes to professions and whatnot from a business standpoint, ie with the new films out most new players of a certain age are going to want to be a jedi, but the changes to the core gameplay were just bizarre.

And i think rather then hope for a SWG remake, just look forward to the knights of the old republic mmo! i know i for one would rather be playing as a rebel fighting the empire, but i think star wars mmo wise, kotor is the best we are gonna get for a while!

anyone know if theres plans for releasing Force Unleashed for pc???

Unfortunatly they wont be releasing Force Unleashed on the pc, but from what i have heard, we are not missing out on much!

Xpirate
09-05-2008, 10:36 AM
GTA is a horrible game. Horribly fun guilty pleasure game! I had GTA3 and Vice City on my PS2 (which I no longer have). Seeing that makes me wish I had more free time.