PDA

View Full Version : Remote Keys/Macros Help?

Vertigo
08-09-2008, 08:06 PM
I'm looking for some software that will allow me to mimic keys I'm pressing on one computer, on another. Preferably something configurable enough that I can set it to only mimic certain keystrokes, rather than absolutely everything I type. Any ideas?

OvRiDe
08-10-2008, 09:46 PM
Interesting Idea.. but I guess if we had a more complete scenario of what you are trying to do it might help. From your description I can't think if anything that can do that.

Vertigo
08-11-2008, 02:51 AM
Ah, you're right I haven't made myself entirely clear. And the more I think about it the less likely my idea seems.

Well, what I am doing is playing 2 different World of Warcraft accounts simultaneously, I've got them running on different computers with Synergy installed. To aid my control of the second account, I'm using a FANG gaming pad connected to the second PC. But, what I'm looking for is software that will send my mirror my keystrokes on the primary computer to the secondary computer. So, for example. I hit the 1 button on the primary computer to activate an ability, the software mimicks that button press on the secondary computer. I just want something that can make my job here a little easier, so I don't have to take my right hand off of the mouse to hit buttons on the gaming pad as much.

Vertigo
08-11-2008, 10:04 AM
AH I found what I was looking for, a program called Keyclone, actually I've found several but that's the one I'm working with now.

https://solidice.com/keyclone/faq.html

Thanks for trying to help OD

The boy 4rm oz
08-20-2008, 10:13 AM
Aren't macros and such an account banning offense?

Vertigo
08-20-2008, 10:15 AM
No, they're not. Botting is an offense. I have to physically be at the controls to do this, so it's not against the eula.

The boy 4rm oz
08-20-2008, 10:21 AM
Just making sure. However my friend got a warning from Blizzard for using pre-recorded macros on his G15. They see it as degrading the game because you only need to do it once then hit a button to to it as many times as you want.

Vertigo
08-27-2008, 02:59 PM
They treat G15 Macros a bit different, because it's possible to automate play, like a bot. This isn't a bot, you physically have to be at the controls at all times. It just mimicks your controls remotely to several characters who are using in game macros like /assist /follow, etc. It's pretty frightening actually, I've levelled to 70 since I posted this on 5 new characters and I'm starting to do PVP and Heroics. I'm also levelling up a second team (currently 50) so I can sub in tank, cc, etc. And it's working really well.

The boy 4rm oz
08-27-2008, 10:55 PM
Yo ushould make a fraps movie when you are done to show us how it turned out. Sounds like a cool idea.

Vertigo
08-28-2008, 08:16 PM
I'm getting some video together, right now I'm levelling a group of Shamans so I can get into the thick of things. 5 Shamans can pretty much kill anything. But I'm also doing another group, 2 Paladins, Mage, Priest, Lock. Eventually, I'll be doing some 10 man runs combining these groups. Screenshots and video though are proving to be slightly difficult, the way I have it set up, it makes 4 instances of wow on 1 screen, which when I try Print Screen, only shows one section of the screen. I snapped a few quick pics with the camera though:

http://srsbusiness.org/files/worklogs/dualbox/multibox-01.jpg
http://srsbusiness.org/files/worklogs/dualbox/multibox-02.jpg
http://srsbusiness.org/files/worklogs/dualbox/multibox-03.jpg
http://srsbusiness.org/files/worklogs/dualbox/multibox-04.jpg

Sorry if these came out a little rough, I'm working on a log of my experience playing this way, that I'll probably have available here somewhere in the future. It's definitely very different from just playing one character, it's closer to the way you play Baldur's Gate, except there's no pause button or console commands. I use the keypad and second mouse plugged into the left hand computer to control the bots without messing around with the main keyboard and mouse. This is helpful when tanking and I just need to cast lightning bolt over and over again, or toss a heal or drop totems. I can just hit the necessary button with my left hand then go right back to the keyboard. My overall experience with this software has been extraordinary, there are a lot of options here, even if you're not planning on multiboxing. For example, there's a little part of the program called Maximizer which is what allows me to make the grid of wows on my desktop. And this allows you to set each instance of the game to a specific FPS. For example, if it's in the background I have it set to 5 FPS for each one. But when that particular grid is active it's set to 45 fps. It's actually interesting what kind of a difference it makes in the gameplay, having control over that sort of thing. I wish I'd have this when I was raiding on an old eMachines PC a couple of years ago.

The boy 4rm oz
08-28-2008, 09:16 PM
Looking really cool. I never was a big WoW fan, looks too cartoony for me + you have to pay. Cool concept.

Luke122
08-28-2008, 11:37 PM
Multiboxing.. lol. :)

Airbozo
08-29-2008, 10:37 AM
Looking really cool. I never was a big WoW fan, looks too cartoony for me + you have to pay. Cool concept.

The game costs enough PLUS they want a monthly fee?

Nope.

The boy 4rm oz
08-29-2008, 11:00 AM
Exactly.

I read today in an article that some mates got together and calculated how much they paid for WoW a year. They came up with a cost of about $1100USD, times that by the 10 million subscribers to WoW and you get about 1.1 billion a year that Blizzard make of subscriptions alone. Scary if you think about it ey?

Sorry for the hijack.

Luke122
08-29-2008, 06:53 PM
1.1 billion a year that Blizzard make of subscriptions alone.

Whatever gets Diablo 3 out sooner. :D

The boy 4rm oz
08-29-2008, 09:20 PM
Touche.

Vertigo
09-11-2008, 08:07 PM
Alright, as promised here's a video. This is from a complete Ramparts run I made earlier today. I have the first trash pull shown, but other than that it's just the three bosses. I wanted to give my guild mates and some friends an idea of my setup's capabilities. It took a while, but I think my setup works really well. I can instantly switch my active screen to a different character and it's set up so that everyone assists the active screen. So, a nice leaderless setup. Also some creative keybinding helps with those AoE encounters. When I hit 4 on my numberpad one character strafes left, another to the right, one goes forward, and another back. You can see me use this command several times in the video to break follow and get out of AE damage.

http://srsbusiness.org/files/video/vidthumb-ramparts.gif (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF-damOwu6s)

The boy 4rm oz
09-12-2008, 02:27 AM
Works great, fantastic work.

The boy 4rm oz
11-06-2008, 12:28 AM
^ okokart reported

Drum Thumper
11-06-2008, 12:54 AM
And getting neg repped like no tomorrow :devious:

The boy 4rm oz
11-06-2008, 01:02 AM
And getting neg repped like no tomorrow :devious:

Too true lol.

Vertigo
11-06-2008, 01:11 AM
srsly

btw, I have 4 teams of dudes now. All 70. It's been an eventful month :D Well, one team is actually just 60, waiting for a DK to tank. But yeah, I think I've got the hang of it now. And it's working very well. ^_^

I haven't really done much PVP other than randomly killing the other faction in open areas. But it's pretty affective having that much focused fire on someone.