PDA

View Full Version : mirror look

richmandudeus
11-21-2005, 11:13 AM
alright folks here's the thing... i am trying to find a mirror tint that when lit from one side, you can see everything through it but when not lit, it has a black pearl-like mirror effect that is almost non see through. So when looking from the outside:

Not lit = dark mirror effect
lit from the inside = see everything inside

anyone know how to do this or what type of tint it is? I know it's almost like limo tint but not quite. :?

crazybillybob
11-21-2005, 01:44 PM
Your looking for a two-way mirror (also called Ironically a one way mirror, some thing just two different names). The two-way mirror will allow about 12% of the light through and is recommended that you keep a 10:1 ratio of lighting so you don't see through it (IE. out side case lighting needs to be 10 x brighter then inside to work as a good mirror, So the brighter the light in the case the less of a mirror it will be to a point.) Do a google search to find online suppliers of the mirror.

here one that google found. I don't know anymore about them that that!
two-way mirror supplier (http://www.twowaymirrors.net/)

Crazybillybob

richmandudeus
11-21-2005, 03:33 PM
thanx for the input billybob... that's just what i'm looking for. Now if only there was a tint film like that... more google... less chitchat hehe :D