PDA

View Full Version : Crysis Crashing

xRyokenx
09-10-2008, 03:40 PM
Whenever I try to play Crysis it crashes after about 1-5 minutes of play and the editor keeps crashing when a) I load most maps from the missions b) I try to edit a Power Struggle map c) it feels like it. My computer specs are in the "My System" tab only I have my CPU OC'd to 2.26GHz and have done that by manually changing the FSB and lowering my RAM frequency or whatever down to 533MHz. Should I invest in a better motherboard, update the BIOS, get a faster CPU? What should I do?

xRyokenx
09-10-2008, 03:44 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I did not have this problem before I installed Comodo Firewall, Avira AntiVir, Spybot, and AdAware.

xRyokenx
09-10-2008, 05:37 PM
Alright, I did some serious cable management and updated my video card's drivers. I also installed two fans in the side panel and rearranged my whole setup so that there is better airflow... I also had the one fan on the side as an outtake instead of an intake and corrected that issue. My video card now runs about 3C or so cooler and Crysis worked for about 15 minutes this time. By the way, in Crysis I have everything on Very High with 2xAA at 1280x1024 and I get about 20-35fps. I'm gonna continue tweaking things until I get this to work.

J-Roc
09-10-2008, 09:02 PM
Do you have rivatuner installed? ATI cards are factory set at 25% fan speed. Your overheating big time if you dont have it.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=163

xRyokenx
09-10-2008, 09:15 PM
Yeah, I have it. I've been setting it to 100% when gaming and 50% when not gaming.

Drum Thumper
09-11-2008, 01:32 AM
Is it just Crysis crashing or is the kitandkaboodle going down?

Eclecticos
09-11-2008, 03:28 AM
Sounds like it may be overheating.
First, I would check, and make sure the video card fan is spinning properly,
and the heatsinks are secure on the video card memory.
It may be something as simple as a replacing the video card fan,
Or removing any collections of dust that may reside there.

I would also recommend the following.
Install additional system memory, get a new video card with more memory,
remove anything from the system startup list that is unnecessary.
If your motherboard is compatible with a Core2Duo, or
Core2Quad processor I would consider updating it.

I have a ASUS 8400GS Silent video card.
What I have done to keep it cool when overclocking the GPU
is made 4 legs out of standoffs for a standard 120mm fan
I used 5 - 3/4" standoffs for each leg, one on the inside of the frame,
and attached the remaining ones together to raise the fan to the desired height.

Drum Thumper
09-11-2008, 03:58 AM
Sounds like it may be overheating.
First, I would check, and make sure the video card fan is spinning properly,
and the heatsinks are secure on the video card memory.
It may be something as simple as a replacing the video card fan,
Or removing any collections of dust that may reside there.

I would also recommend the following.
Install additional system memory, get a new video card with more memory,
remove anything from the system startup list that is unnecessary.
If your motherboard is compatible with a Core2Duo, or
Core2Quad processor I would consider updating it.

I have a ASUS 8400GS Silent video card.
What I have done to keep it cool when overclocking the GPU
is made 4 legs out of standoffs for a standard 120mm fan.
I used 5 standard motherboard standoffs for each leg one on the inside of the frame,
and attached the remaining ones together to raise the fan to the desired height.

I'm wondering...what's your PSU rated at? Eck's probably closer to the solution to the problem, but usually crashing issues can (but not always) be attributed to an underpowered or near End Of Life PSU.

xRyokenx
09-11-2008, 07:17 AM
My PSU is 500W and only a few months old. I would upgrade my CPU but sadly, college ate all my moneyz. And it is only Crysis, none of my other games crash. Only my CPU is overclocked, the GPU is at stock.

I also am gonna find some way to blow out that dust, I saw this thing that uses the same CO2 cartridges as my pellet gun and was thinking of just getting that, those cartridges are like $.50 each.

J-Roc
09-11-2008, 07:38 PM
Have you tried the obvious?

Turn down the settings in Crysis...

xRyokenx
09-11-2008, 07:57 PM
lol, I'll try again but I think it still crashed then too... think it might be the physics being too high? I have heard that causes some trouble too.

xRyokenx
09-12-2008, 03:30 PM
Yeah, it was the physics. I'm guessing that stuff would act weird and the game wouldn't like it or something like that. I hope that the expansion doesn't have the same problem.