PDA

View Full Version : Longhorn Mod Question

Register
11-24-2005, 07:54 PM
Ok guys I have never modded, yet I want to make a simple orange case with a white longhorn logo in the middle for my cousin.

The problem: How do I paint a case orange, and a white logo virtually seemlessly, I don't want it to be a sticker, or cutout either. I heard with stencils the paint will seep through the edges and make a jagged image look, un professional.

If possible I would like the suggested method to be durable and somewhat long lasting, is there certain paints better for pcs? Its a metal case. Thanks.

public_eyesore
11-24-2005, 08:13 PM
stencils shouldnt bleed unless you are spraying too much on. After the first fex coats you should still be able to see the background color. It takes patience and MANY layers

crazybillybob
11-24-2005, 08:19 PM
try using A paint mask stensil. You can get it from the local sign shop, heck you can give them your pic and they can cut it out on one of their sign machines. then you peel the backing off and stick it to the case, and paint lightly many coats. when the paint is about 1/2-3/4 of the way dry, use a razor knife around the edges(if you have a lot of build up ) then peel the mask off.

Good luck!

CrazyBillybob

onelegout
11-25-2005, 09:45 PM
Or just buy a can of spray adhesive and spray it lightly on the back of the stencil, wait for it to dry until it is just tacky not sticky and then stick it to the case, paint in light coats...
For more information, check this:
http://www.stencilrevolution.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12362
It's basicly a bible that i wrote a while back, tells you almost everything that you will need to know about stenciling, however there are a lot of things that i still need to cover, i will update it one day soon!
Peace
H

wingman358
11-25-2005, 11:25 PM
If you do use spray adhesive on the stencil (which I DO recommend) don't take the stencil off of the surface immediately, because you can accidentally smear the paint which is a real pain in the ass. Just be careful, patient, and use common sense and you'll be all set.