PDA

View Full Version : What tools?

Register
11-24-2005, 08:00 PM
ok so i'm new here and I was wonderign what tools to buy for modding pc cases, money is not a problem, although I don't want to spend a fortune :).

Here is the tools I got:

Drill Press
Band Saw
Table Saw
scroll saw
bench Grinder
paasche paint gun
foredom shaft tool
microtorque rotary tool
plus hand tools
drills, lots
jigsaw
orbital sander
heatgun
bending brake
clamps
t-square
straight edge
hole saws
large drill bit set

crazybillybob
11-24-2005, 08:15 PM
man with all that you shouldn't need much more then a razor knife to pump out a great case! I think that's almost every tool that a good shop needs (ok your still missing the Mig/Tig welder, and plasma cutter, but most of us are too!)

look forward to see the stuff you put out!

Crazybillybob

richmandudeus
11-24-2005, 11:57 PM
That is an awesome selection. All i have is a dremel, heat gun, jigsaw (wich i rarely use), and two patio chairs with a wood board across them (my hefty workbench hehe). Almost 90% of the labor i do is with the dremel. Sure it's way to time consuming but i really don't have a budget to work with. Can't wait to see what you come up with or ideas you post up.

Happy modding!!! :D

Rankenphile
11-25-2005, 01:13 AM
Yer gunna need a good file or two, and a sanding block with some sand paper.

But otherwise, um, can I use your garage, for, um, forever?

onelegout
11-25-2005, 12:03 PM
all I have is a pencil, a screwdriver, and a few blades...
I am poor :(

MrSlacker
11-26-2005, 02:37 PM
Thats a very good list. All i have is a $30 jigsaw and $10 drill. lol

Aero
11-26-2005, 07:11 PM
nice. I do have a question though, should I look into a band saw or a scroll saw? I need something for detail that I can't get easily with a dremal or (old) jigsaw.

Aero
12-03-2005, 10:24 AM
nice. I do have a question though, should I look into a band saw or a scroll saw? I need something for detail that I can't get easily with a dremal or (old) jigsaw.

anybody? I kind of need to know, don't want to drop $100 on something that wont work well.

pc1972
12-03-2005, 11:08 AM
I am new to this but have been doing a lot of reading and I see more mention of a scroll saw than a band saw. Keep checking though. I guess it depends on what it is that you are trying to do.:D

Malatory
12-03-2005, 02:00 PM

Scroll Saw is intended to small sharp cornered cuts. Its able to start any place as long as there is a predrilled hole that fits the blade.

Band Saw: Step above the Jig say for cutting large pieces of metal and can do Scroll work with the right blade. But your Limited to outSide designs. Cant take the blade off and put it through a hole as its a circle.

My guess would be a Scroll Saw. :D

Oh yea .. Register your shop seems to be well fitted with tools, as stated before Files are something that if you dont have bunched in with lots of tools. would be a good thing to look at.