PDA

View Full Version : New Case Designs

Spidy88
09-20-2008, 02:17 AM
Found this while stumbling the web. Looks like a pretty cool case.

http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=15125#

The boy 4rm oz
09-22-2008, 04:30 AM
Yeah the Skeleton, I want one lol. Duel water loops here I come haha.

FuzzyPlushroom
09-22-2008, 08:48 PM
World's First Open-Air Case, eh? Well, until a couple days ago, I ran my main rig with no side panels... does that count for something?

XcOM
09-22-2008, 09:56 PM
what about when i just screwed my system to a shelf, does that count?

Cymae
09-22-2008, 10:03 PM
at Uni we had one screwed to the inside of the door...

But seriously, this rig seems a little risky. I'm wondering how stable and roomy it is. I want to see if i can get my hands on one to review.

XcOM
09-22-2008, 10:09 PM
looking at your other reviews i wouldn't be suppurised if they did give you one to review

Cymae
09-22-2008, 10:22 PM
well i emailed them and requested it. We will see what they say. I won't say I'm holding my breath though...

The boy 4rm oz
09-23-2008, 04:23 AM
I read an article on Tech Power Up saying that this one was still the prototype. It may not be in production yet so you may have some trouble getting one for a review. Bit-Tech and other major hardware forums are trying desperately to get their hands on that prototype.

x06jsp
09-29-2008, 04:52 PM
I do like the look of the antec skeleton but i would personally rather build one myself (or anyone that wants one)

Josh

The boy 4rm oz
10-06-2008, 09:57 AM
Antec Skeleton is now available in Australia for $235.00AUD.
Linky:
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=8096

SXRguyinMA
10-10-2008, 11:04 AM
looks super cool :D wonder about noise though, I know when I pull my side panel off my Armor it gets rather loud

Raz1r
10-12-2008, 11:43 AM
$180 is totally stupid for a case that doesn't even protect your components

FuzzyPlushroom
10-12-2008, 01:51 PM
I love Antec (running a 1200, which is stock... for now) but can't see paying that much for half a case. It would be a great showpiece, but certainly not for most people.

Zephik
10-12-2008, 06:33 PM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129056

Yea I don't think so Antec. I love the Skeleton and totally want it, but not for anywhere near that price (especially when you include shipping and handling!). I would consider it at $149.99, I would be tempted at $129.99, it would be sold at $99.99

So what do you guys think? Which would you rather have? The prototype (http://www.dvhardware.net/news/antec_skeleton_computex08.jpg) or the final release (http://www.radikalmod.hu/upload/news/4063_ske01.jpg)? I liked the prototype, but I'm also really digging the final version too. I can't really figure out what that plastic thing hanging off the back (or front?) of it is for though, it kind of ruins the look in my opinion. I also kind of miss the "welded together" look that the prototype had whereas the final version is clean and flush.

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article840-page1.html

I'm really liking that pull out components tray with completely removable motherboard tray though! Good thinking on that one Antec, very nicely done.

Zephik
10-12-2008, 07:03 PM
The outer frame is made mostly of plastic. The steel component tray slides out easily for access. The PSU tray also slides out similarly. The motherboard tray can also be removed from the main tray. A bar across the side between the component tray and the fan is meant to screw down the video card and PCI slot boards. - Posted By SilentPCReview.com

:neutral:

Yep, that's a complete and utter deal breaker right there. I mean come on, are you kidding me Antec? For THAT price and its (aside from the tray) made of plastic? Lame.

It SHOULD be an aluminum frame (or steel at the very least). The tray area should be aluminum as well, but steel is fine, thankfully they did that much halfway right.

Thanks for nothing Antec, you greedy ass hats. If your going to pretend to be like apple and say the high price tags is because of innovation and build quality, then you really should follow through with that. At least then I could justify emptying my wallet for you. All I got to say now is that you better have some amazing customer support, not that I'll ever be your customer, there's better products out there for that price.

/disappointed

killergamer
10-12-2008, 10:09 PM
Wouldent the tech station Cases be the first cases to be like that?

FuzzyPlushroom
10-12-2008, 10:51 PM
Don't bother Antec with facts - we learned that lesson when the capacitors in their old Channel-Well built PSUs started failing left and right. ;)

Zephik
10-13-2008, 02:50 AM
Wouldn't the tech station cases be the first cases to be like that?

Yep.

But technically those are "tech stations", whereas the Antec Skeleton is technically an "open air chassis". See the difference? You don't? You mean a slight change in aesthetic design doesn't make something completely different?

Take a "tech station", add some curves, a big ol' fan, some pretty led's and... Voila! Now you have an "open air chassis"!

:facepalm:

First Spore, now the Antec Skeleton. Two things I've been craving to be released, two things I've been very disappointed with when finally released. :(

chaksq
10-13-2008, 06:50 PM
Interesting case for sure. Do I want one, no. Reason being I could (might) scratchbuild one for less and with better features than the Antec. One idea I can think of off my head would be to have an integrated handle on the top, this thing was meant for gamers right?

Zephik
10-13-2008, 08:41 PM
Interesting case for sure. Do I want one, no. Reason being I could (might) scratchbuild one for less and with better features than the Antec. One idea I can think of off my head would be to have an integrated handle on the top, this thing was meant for gamers right?

"Tech Stations allows you to test, benchmark, and mod your hardware without the constant hassle of dealing with panels and tight spaces found in traditional cases, but without the dangers of just throwing your electrostatic sensitive equipment right on your countertop!?" - Posted by the Xoxide Tech Station Section

Personally though, I just think its cool as hell looking and I find the idea of being able to see my hardware in all its beauty to be quite satisfying. ^_^

Normal person: Aroused by an attractive naked individual.
Computer nerd: Aroused by an attractive naked computer.

:D

noopypoop
10-14-2008, 06:50 PM
Normal person: Aroused by an attractive naked individual.
Computer nerd: Aroused by an attractive naked computer.

I dont know what I am. I'm aroused by both!

SXRguyinMA
10-14-2008, 07:58 PM
:stupid: :D

x06jsp
11-06-2008, 07:43 PM
This turned out to be a bit of an epic fail for antec really the removable motherboard tray is ok if you have a small hsf but anything the same size as an ac7 pro or bigger doesnt allow you to pull it out and is hard to install because of all the plastic in the way.

Josh

progbuddy
11-07-2008, 11:50 PM
at Uni we had one screwed to the inside of the door...

But seriously, this rig seems a little risky. I'm wondering how stable and roomy it is. I want to see if i can get my hands on one to review.

Don't spill your Pepsi on it. Electronics are allergic.

nevermind1534
11-08-2008, 12:04 PM
I spilled mountain dew on my case. It went into the open window (i didn't have any plexi in there yet). Luckily, it mostly just went to the bottom, and didn't kill anything.