PDA

View Full Version : back and ready for a real mod

SaWBLaDe
11-28-2005, 05:54 AM
well after a short break from the "cop car" mod which some people here know about im ready to get back into it but after reviewing what im doing with it i think i may need more ideas. currently i am adding red and blue lights on top which are small 70mm circular strobe lights also im adding a very annoying siren i put together as a kit back when i was at school and finally i planned on adding a P.A (the P.A may not happen becuase i dont know if it will really be loud enough with the mini amp i built, only 3 watt roughly so its is louder but i dont know if its loud enough then again i could have it for looks mainly) anyway aside from that stuff im not sure what else to had to get the point across its gonna be like a cop car, a while back snickles said he may be able to get me those checkered cop stickers but i havent recieved any word on that for a while so its best to assume there not coming. this is were i need YOU!!! (insert uncle sam pic here) i need some more ideas to make this cop car case happen. anyway i look forward to your replys. SaWBLaDe.

SaWBLaDe
11-28-2005, 05:58 AM
also someone suggested to me to make a light bar type cover for the round strobe lights cos apparently u dont see cop cars with round lights anymore but once i thought about it whenever i saw a cop car from then on roughly 98% of the time they were round and just sitting on a bar with the siren in between them so i may or may not do that.

SaWBLaDe
11-28-2005, 06:00 AM
also by "real mod" i mena i hope to do something than just add lights. oh and also sorry about the three posts its because whenever i finish a post i realise i forgot something even if i proof read over them. lol

richmandudeus
11-29-2005, 01:33 AM
sonds like a plan... all you need to do is hook up a spot light on the driverside that you can control the direction, a shotgun in the front seat, maybe some k-9 wire in between, the chips or cops theme song to play when you turn it on, what else... hmmm....

SaWBLaDe
11-29-2005, 03:48 AM
lol the mod isnt in a cop car model its a normal computer case im making look cop car themed no into a cop car lol

Smitten
11-29-2005, 06:41 AM
think i have a fix for your checkers problem. a checkers board! :)

just cut out the red or black squares every other row (to keep it sturdy) and choice either black or white to paint with. paint half the checkers and after drying paint the rest.

you could also get a pattern online and print it out to make decals.

for other ideas? hmmm....

how about a sprizter! so when you get beat at a lan party you can mace your opponents! :eek: j/k

how about an actual scanner? you could probably get a nice small unit that will fit in a 5in bay slot (with a little modding of course ;) ) i mean, what could beat cop sounds than actual cops!

after looking over many pics of many cop cars (granted, few are black/white anymore) i noticed decals are all over these guys. every car has a designator (car 54 where are you? :D ) and what about that logo "Serve to Protect" or some such like that.

anyways, there's a couple ideas for ya. time to get back to work for me 8)

SaWBLaDe
11-30-2005, 02:12 AM
yeah it crossed my mind a few times to try and maybe connect a real CB radio so of coarse i went and had a look and the ones made for your car are actually larger than the 5.25 drive bay so it would require me to not only cut the front to make it fit but i would also have to modify the drive cage somehow so to do it would be a complete biatch to fit btu the resutls would probably be exellent. also i would then need to fit an aerial would i not? so theres more cutting and drilling and fitting so yeah always a possiblity weather i can afford it and have the time will decide all that. SaWBLaDe

Smitten
11-30-2005, 12:47 PM
http://www.walcottcb.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=85_36&products_id=792

they do make small CB's 8) this one here is looks to be just the right height/width but there are others at the site (most are pretty pricey too, but the modding must go on no matter the cost :eek: )

now that i think about it, your only limitation with the a cb will be the antenna. bigger is better obviously, so think if you used a telescopic one it would not only be functional when you want it to be, but also retro, fitting with the black&white motif. ;)

anywhos, good luck with it all. i'm beginning the dive into modding myself now that i have an idea to run with. will post about that on me own thread tho 8)