PDA

View Full Version : 9800Gx2s' Jpegged screen and one working core..???

Grim_killer
09-24-2008, 12:39 PM
:dead: One core saying its working and the other not when I have it installed as the second card because I have two but when I install it as the main one even by its self I get nothing but a messed up screen... HELP Ive updated all the drivers, I have a 790i ....:think::?:mad:

p0Pe
09-24-2008, 01:16 PM
did you enable sli?

Grim_killer
09-24-2008, 02:42 PM
did you enable sli?

Turned it on and off ran it with both my cards in and just that card alone all the same problems

xRyokenx
09-24-2008, 03:25 PM
Check to see if you have the latest drivers. Also check the temps and as to whether or not the heatsink is on properly. Do not pull off the heatsink, though, as that will void the warranty.

Grim_killer
09-25-2008, 01:55 PM
Check to see if you have the latest drivers. Also check the temps and as to whether or not the heatsink is on properly. Do not pull off the heatsink, though, as that will void the warranty.

I have updated to the lastest drivers and it starts up like that so I don't think the temps are cause it to shut off. Also The Card is a pain to take apart I almost didn't get the thing back together.

xRyokenx
09-25-2008, 03:36 PM
In that case, what kind of cooling do you have? If it is air cooling, make sure your airflow is going in one direction and not conflicting with the card's heatsink. If it is water, I don't have much experience...

killergamer
09-28-2008, 08:32 PM
Could it not just be the card is faulty? But as every one else has said make sure your air flow is good and check your drivers

Grim_killer
09-29-2008, 06:07 PM
Could it not just be the card is faulty? But as every one else has said make sure your air flow is good and check your drivers

The Air flow good, I just installed the new drivers and they won't install onto that one core. ....**** if its faulty....