PDA

View Full Version : Mic echo

B1Gtime
09-24-2008, 04:41 PM
Every time i speak on the mic i can hear my self twice(echo), anyone know what the problem is? Happens on xfire and ventrillo.

-thx.

nevermind1534
09-24-2008, 04:57 PM
I had that same problem when running xp 64, but not with 32 bit. I think it's a bug that appears in the 64-bit version, and media center edition.

B1Gtime
09-24-2008, 05:04 PM
I never had this problem...

I got media center...

any were i can get rid of it??

EDIT: come to think of it, it wasnt echoing yesterday.......

nevermind1534
09-24-2008, 05:09 PM
I don't know what to tell you. Could it be the drivers? Have you tried a system restore yet?

Luke122
09-24-2008, 08:52 PM
Go into your audio mixer, and mute the microphone for playback. That way, you wont hear yourself through the speakers, but whoever you are talking to can still hear you. :)

nevermind1534
09-24-2008, 10:12 PM
I found the problem and the solution to it! In the volume control panel, go to Options>Properties, then, under mixer device, click the input one. Click ok. Now, you will see stereo mix, or something like that with a check in a check box labeled select selected. Change it to the one that says something like mic volume. You can change it back to the output display when you're done. It might be a little different for you, as I have realtek HD audio, but it should be basically the same thing.

B1Gtime
09-25-2008, 07:00 PM
i switch it to my onboard card, were i plug my mic(under mixer device) but then i lose u there. I dont see sterio mix. I got Simtel Audio onboard(plug my mic into), and X-FI Xtreme Gamer 7.1 which is my output(speakers)

nevermind1534
09-25-2008, 08:01 PM
You are on the recording properties, not playback, correct? There will be a checkbox that says select. Just try checking each of them until the echo goes away. As I said, the labeling may be different, as I have a different sound card.

B1Gtime
10-15-2008, 07:33 PM
Can it be my friend tha is making me echo????????

Bought a new mic. $30 Logitech AK5370
Didn't fix the problem(nice mic tho)

When i talk to my friend on vent i can hear my self. I thought it was my voice going through his speakers and activating the mic so then i hear it again. But its not. He has everything playing through his headset(this is where i get lost).
I told him to put the Volume down on the headset because maybe it was 2 loud and it was activating the mic then playing through my speakers (echo).Really didnt help.

When i talk to other people, barely no echo.

Funny thing is, sometimes he gets an echo talking to me and no one else just like my problem.

Someone told me to tracert his ip Results: Request Timed Out.

Any clue what i can do or him?

nevermind1534
10-15-2008, 07:58 PM
If your selected input is mic, or microphone, it might be his problem. I will pm you with a vent IP so we can see if it is your friend. If it is, send him this way, and tell him to look at what I typed up. He very well could be the one with the bad settings.