PDA

View Full Version : Digital Opt on Razer only does 2Ch Audio?

J-Roc
09-27-2008, 05:03 AM
Hey guys!

I'm having a little problem with my audio setup. I just upgraded all my av cables to HDMI/OPT cabling. Now im hitting a snagg, the digital out put on my razer card appears to be 2ch only. I've tried fargging with the setting for DTS and Dolby and i cant seem to enguage the surrond speakers. I'm quite happy with how it sounds just on the 2ch's but i do a lot of gaming and would like the other speakers active so i can locate prey :)

Any tips or advice?

Specs in "My System"

Luke122
09-27-2008, 03:32 PM
I'm just reading on it right now, but it could be the source you are using. Are you playing something in WMplayer? If so, you need a 5.1 output plugin IIRC.

Technical Specs (From Razer's Site):
* Razer Fidelity™ gaming audio engine
* Razer Enhanced Sonic Perception™
* Integrated 24-bit / 192KHz S/PDIF receiver/transmitter
* Dolby® Prologic IIx surround processor
* Dolby® Digital Live 5.1 encoder
* Dolby® Headphone technology
* Dolby® Virtual Speaker
* DTS® NeoPC
* DTS® Interactive real-time encoder
* 7.1-channel digital audio playback
* Supports EAX™ 2.0, Aureal3D™ 1.0 and DirectSound

This makes me think its your source material that is limiting the output to 2 channels.

J-Roc
09-27-2008, 06:20 PM
I'm using WinAmp 5.531 (x86). I'll search for a plugin for that and see if that sorts it out. I have my doubts though. The Razer Software only shows 2 speakers in the speaker position window. I went into the Vista sound options and configured the computer for 5.1. When i click on a surround speaker to test its output, the front speakers are the only ones which output audio.

Luke122
09-27-2008, 09:34 PM
OK, if you set the output in the control panel to 5.1, you may have to restart before it'll take effect. Also, what are you connected to? A home theatre receiver or something? Make sure that the input you are connected to is set for 5.1 (or 7.1) input.

Have you tried watching a dvd with some surround sound on it?

J-Roc
09-27-2008, 10:26 PM
IM connected to a Onkyo 7.1 theatre reciever. I've tried playing games and they are 2ch aswell. The amp is set to DTS-Neo, aswell as the sound card. I've tried switching to ProLogic and digital audio too.

When im in playback mode and i switch a setting, my computer stops playback and i have to restart the application to resume. So i think that part is functioning properly.

I also noticed that the audio is reversed. Left audio comes from the right speaker and vice-versa.

Spawn-Inc
10-04-2008, 10:38 PM
i was wondering that too when i got a optical cable and i couldn't get sound from my rear speakers. (Z5500's) and just messing with it right now i got it to work. i selected optical on the z5500's and then went into the razer sound panel and seleced DTS interactive under S/PDIF Output and got sound from all speakers.

J-Roc
10-05-2008, 05:03 PM
Ok, i dont know how i got the razer panel to function properly but i did. It now shows 5 speakers in the window. I'm still only getting sound from the front speakers though. My amp is set to DTS and i get sound from all speakers while watching a dvd or tv so it has to be somthing with the computer. In the windows sound options i can only hear the front 2 speakers when i click on them (sound test). i can lightly hear the center channel but i think its just bleeding through to the fronts.

haha49
02-13-2009, 06:03 PM
Hey guys!

I'm having a little problem with my audio setup. I just upgraded all my av cables to HDMI/OPT cabling. Now im hitting a snagg, the digital out put on my razer card appears to be 2ch only. I've tried fargging with the setting for DTS and Dolby and i cant seem to enguage the surrond speakers. I'm quite happy with how it sounds just on the 2ch's but i do a lot of gaming and would like the other speakers active so i can locate prey :)

Any tips or advice?

Specs in "My System"

I had that problem.. Im useing vista and how I got it to work is I changed what quality my sound imput is I turned it down and now it does 5.1 when I was trying to do max qualitly it could only do it in 2 channels and Im useinga 7.1 setup change the bit rate on the card

doeing 2 channels 16bit can do 7.1 no problem.. with out it higher then I run into problems

Use a dvd movie to test it

haha49
02-13-2009, 06:06 PM
Ok, i dont know how i got the razer panel to function properly but i did. It now shows 5 speakers in the window. I'm still only getting sound from the front speakers though. My amp is set to DTS and i get sound from all speakers while watching a dvd or tv so it has to be somthing with the computer. In the windows sound options i can only hear the front 2 speakers when i click on them (sound test). i can lightly hear the center channel but i think its just bleeding through to the fronts.

set the stero to auto and throw a dvd in.. then dts should work the stero is takeing the source and converting it try auto works better.. just games are usally 2.1 even if you set them to 7.1 still thinks it as 2.1 anyoning but then I set the amp to 7.1 and works well

Dvd movie with dts easyest way to test it x2 sence 22 find all humans that goes to all speakers all randomly you hear it right away