PDA

View Full Version : Sony Clie 610c

Zeus
11-29-2005, 01:13 PM
Hey guys, I have a question,

I have an old Sony Clie palmtop that has a DEAD battery.

I was wondering if there is anyway to take that nice screen and make it working with my PC. Don't intend it to do anything terribly complex, but I would it to work like other LCD screens.

Any ideas? I didn't find anything in google.

Rankenphile
11-29-2005, 04:06 PM
Lol, someone just asked almost the exact same question. That thread has a couple answers, and can be found here. (http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1616)

Zeus
11-29-2005, 04:42 PM
well, not exactly. The question was more related to reusing a laptop screen. Mine is a palm PDA screen. Unless the screens are exactly the same just scaled smaller, I don't think it will translate.

Rankenphile
11-29-2005, 06:50 PM
Oh, sorry, my bad. Didn't see that it was a PDA screen.

Interesting idea... Let me know what you find, this could be very interesting.

Ali_2k
11-29-2005, 07:37 PM
hmmm, screens, this is where i was about 2 months ago, looking at 5" to 6.5" ones to mod into my pc, the only problem is the video input, usually composite or VGA (or DV) so its a way of figuring out how to convert/adapt the output of the computer into a signal understood by the screen; it can be done, like the PSone screen mods, they are RGB and can simply be wired into a VGA plug and with some settings you can get a perfect picture.

But finding out what the pda screen signal is will be difficult, and you will need a control baord aswell, wich could unfortunatly be within the main boards of the PDA, therefor it would be very very hard to harness the specific parts you need.

thats is what ive learnt after messing with screens, your best bet is to find a screen that is in RGB and convert it like this one (http://mpro.no-ip.com/lcd.htm) or buy a screen with control board and compostie or VGA input for about £120.

i dont want to put you off using the screen you have, so good luck with whatever you choose to do :p

Zeus
11-30-2005, 12:05 PM
hmm, looks like I will have to forget my idea. I don't know enough about electronic circuits to figure this out. I don't even know how to test if something is working or not.