PDA

View Full Version : Side Pannel Doors...

Greddy
12-01-2005, 09:17 AM
Hey everyone, I'm new to the whole case mod thing and i was wanting to do a very first mod of my own .. starting off small... i want to put a door on the side pannel.. ive got it all figured out apart from the fact that i need some sort of handle or lock or something and i hav no idea wat to use... please post some pics of doors with handles or tips please!!! much needed!
thanks all, Greddy

(Moved from Tips & Tricks to Q&A - Rankenphile)

onelegout
12-01-2005, 02:21 PM
you know what would be realy cool? those magnet things that some cupboards have, where you just push the door and let go and it pops open, then you just shut it and it stays.
that would be amazing!

Greddy
12-01-2005, 09:55 PM
Hmmmm ... That is quite an idea . .. . . *mind ticks over*
I'm thinking a sort of lever with a lock... hard to explain.. its the sort of thing u'd see on the side of an instrument case etc.. i have one and it does the job quite nicely BUT once again i'm still in planning so please ppl pics, ideas or anything is much appreciated
<[G-reddy]>

adreamtraveler
12-01-2005, 11:33 PM
lamborghini style wing door! :D lol...would be cool to see that on a case lol

SgtSteve
12-01-2005, 11:37 PM
I just picked up a Cabinet clip for under a buck at the home depot. Add hinges and viola!

Malatory
12-02-2005, 12:09 AM
The cheiftech Dragon case has a nice locking handle.

http://www.xoxide.com/chieftec16.html

Or you can use a bar lock like the front cove on my rack mounted case (see 1st picture)

http://www.malatorymods.com/racksys2.htm

Greddy
12-02-2005, 12:57 PM
Yeah I checked out the cases, quite nice must say :) I've got some hinges and a cabinet clip from my local hardy (thanks sgtsteve) [quite easy gettin tools and materials when you work at the biggest hardware store in Australia... + the 25% discount helps :P] and 2moro im buyin myself a Dremel so ill get underway shortly thanks for help and ideas everyone
much appreciated .. ill post some pics once i have something to post pics of :) give me a week to propperly get started,
I've come up with a name for my case... Warrior Henchie (my name on CS etc) and will be encorporating my WH design in the door with side pannel fans and windows and all! EXCITING !!! first mod hope all goes well :)
<[G-reddy]>