PDA

View Full Version : Frets on fire

SgtM
10-27-2008, 12:30 PM
So, I know I'm not the only one out there with better things to do with $200 than buy a game system. Home projects or whatever come first. I've been playing this for a while. It's an opensource version of guitar hero. You play with your keyboard or if you happen to have a GH guitar, you can use that too. Anyone else playing it?

www.fretsonfire.net

Yeticorn
10-27-2008, 12:56 PM
How did I not know about this??? Thanks SgtM!

+rep

[/install]

SgtM
10-27-2008, 02:05 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention.. look for the alarian mod. It gives you GH and Rockband skins. There's some configuring you have to do for star power.. I think it's normally page up or something. Just make it a key that's easy for you to hit while fretting (F1-F5) and strumming (Enter key)

halcyonforever
10-27-2008, 11:54 PM
think I need a beefier processor, it looks to be 100% software rendered and was unplayable on this rig... very cool idea though

SgtM
10-28-2008, 07:26 PM
Through The Fire And Flames. Sound sucks, but I'll make a better vid later.

7HC7yR9NCAU

NightrainSrt4
10-30-2008, 01:35 PM
I used to play that quite often, but with the 360 guitar. I never bothered posting anything here as using the songs you can download from users seemed borderline, as no one ever got a license to use them for the game.

But, +rep, as I could not do that with the keyboard. Tried it and I thought my finger was going to fall off from hitting the enter key so quickly lmfao.

And I do know what you mean by some of the songs have parts that you never will be able to hit. Seems like some of those are just oversights of the person making the beats.

SgtM
11-02-2008, 11:12 AM
New high score on Through The Fire And Flames.

9uhy-wv4Z4g