PDA

View Full Version : visuL case mods

theocord
04-01-2005, 01:24 PM
do u guys know any good visual mods i can do on my new computer stuff like lights and things with polystirene like what that guy did on the doom 3 case mod ? :?

if you know either send me a private message or send a thread in this forum :rolleyes:

peace :D

theocord (ikaruga) 8)

fishies
04-01-2005, 02:15 PM
that's rather vague. first off. you need to choose a theme.
then you need to plan it out with drawings, model mock ups, clay sculptures, oil on canvas painting, and digital photography (you MUST use a digital camera.)
after all that, go buy everything you think you need.
by way of your plans, you should be able to work it out.

however, things to consider:
Do you have the tools you need?
Do you have the money to spend?
Do you have the time to commit?
Do you have the skills to pull it off?

If you answered yes to all but the first, go out and buy the tols you need.
If you answered no to any others, take up knitting, as modding isn't for you.

_drunk_
04-01-2005, 02:22 PM
That's funny, I don't think most people will fit all of those. Just because you don't have all the time in the world doesn't mean you can't do things here and there. And just because you don't have the skills right now doesn't mean you can't learn them as you go.

Theocord, take your time, and plan things out. If you don't know how to do something in particular, ask questions and I'm sure everyone will try and help as much as they can. If you really want to do anything the only question you need to ask yourself is will you take "no" for an answer.

Frakk
04-01-2005, 02:48 PM
i think asking for ideas what to mod on ure computer is just stupid. modding is about your style and what you like, not what other ppl think. first, look around case mod gelleries, check out ure options and decide what u like and want to do. from that do what you can and think worht doing it.

fishies
04-01-2005, 03:17 PM
That's funny, I don't think most people will fit all of those. Just because you don't have all the time in the world doesn't mean you can't do things here and there. And just because you don't have the skills right now doesn't mean you can't learn them as you go.

All the practice in the world won't make you a better modder if you don't have the basic hand-eye co-ordination skills. The best that could happen in that situation is you lop off your hands and can't type how the blood ruined your mod. In addition, if you have no natural creative ability, don't get into modding. I've seen some really great stuff out there by some creative peple, then I've seen what the uncreative do. Trust me, if you have no imagination, this is the wrong hobby for you.

As for money... If you can't affrod to do it, you shouldn't. Don't spend the rent on new CCFLs. Bad idea, since it's hard to live inside a computer.

Frakk
04-01-2005, 04:09 PM
fishies I would put it in those words. noone can judge what is good and what is bad in modding, both creative and uncreative ppl will like what they do and thats the whole point. its like judging music or art. of course ppl who ask for ideas are not gonna get far, but thatswhy we are here to tell them to figure out what they want. if we would tell you what to do on your comp you wouldnt be happy with it, plus we dont even know what kind of computer have whatsoever, so theocord make up your mind and ask for PRACTICAL advise after you did your homework with google.

fishies
04-01-2005, 05:00 PM
Frakk - normally, I'd agree, but when peole ask for modding ideas without giving as much as the kind of case they're using, it makes me truly believe they'd end up slicing themselves up, rather than the case. Either that, or a bad attemt at non-spam spamming.

At any rate, I will help anyone who asks for it, but in order for that help to be useful, there's some vital info needed.

Frakk
04-01-2005, 05:40 PM
agreed.

siege
04-01-2005, 08:05 PM
that's rather vague. first off. you need to choose a theme....

Who needs a theme? You could just do it like the riceboys with their civics do it - just throw every single accessory you can think of in one place and call it a masterpiece :D

(I hope you can sense the sarcasm - I don't want to offend anybody or anything)

fishies
04-01-2005, 08:30 PM
Who needs a theme? You could just do it like the riceboys with their civics do it - just throw every single accessory you can think of in one place and call it a masterpiece :D

(I hope you can sense the sarcasm - I don't want to offend anybody or anything)

I am not easily offended.

That's still a theme. It's a maximalist theme. Cram it all in. Hell, my current project is inspired by the old sci-fi movies.

Every case has a basic theme. It might not be evident, but the theme is there.