PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to say Hi..

OvRiDe
12-05-2005, 03:29 AM
Hello!!

I have been reading this site for a few months now. I recently joined and hope to be able to contribute to such a cool community. I have done a few minor mods to cases, added blow holes, fans, paint, and a window, but nothing as elaborate as many of you have done. I have been around computers most of my life. My father has been using computers to do structual engineering since the 60's and in the early 70's he started a computer/software consulting firm. Since I entered this world in 1970 I grew up with all the neat computers that TheGreatSatan has been posting. I have done techincal support for NetFRAME servers, some ORACLE dba work, and I am currently a Network Engineer for a large call center in Oklahoma. I just finished converting an area in a room behind our garage into a workspace so that I have the capability of doing some mod work (Now if I can just find the time, heh). I want to thank all of you for the great reading, ideas, and inspiration. I have really enjoyed reading this site and it really seems like a great place to spend time.

Rankenphile
12-05-2005, 12:44 PM
Welcome!

Crimson Sky
12-05-2005, 07:32 PM
Hey welcome!...thanks for sharing that bit of history with us--I hope you find the inspiration to start some projects with us--cheers!