PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions?/

Arctic Fox
12-05-2005, 10:33 PM
Hey guys, i'm new here so hi.:D
Anyways, i'm building a new comp for xmas and i'm going to try to make a halo theme out of the case as best as i can, here is the case http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16811105146
My parents have a laser made for engraving stuff on to pretty much anything, so i am probably going to put the picture thats on the back of the halo 2 limited edition case somewhere on my computer, but i also want more than that such as fan grills/stickers/anything.
Any suggestions?:?

Rankenphile
12-05-2005, 11:20 PM
Well, I did a quick google search, and the first thing I found was this (http://www.directron.com/stickerhalo.html), a bezel application that won't work for your case, but if you created your own bezel might work.

One thing I found after doing a bit more searching is that there are painfully few halo toys or models (actually, I couldn't find any scale model kits based on Halo. bummer!), but getting a warthog or a covenant ship toy might be a good reference point. It will give you a good idea of shapes and details to add. Even going to a toy store and shooting a couple pictures of one might be usefull.

You may want to kitbash - that is, buy sci-fi spaceship model kits that have a smiliar build style as the Halo ships - and use the parts from them on your mod. The case doesn't really leave a lot of room for too much modding, but you might want to replace the window panel with one of your own and do your own laser engraving of master chief or something.

Hope that helps!

adreamtraveler
12-05-2005, 11:21 PM
I've never heard of the L & C computer, co. that the power supply is from so i can't tell you anything about that particular PSU but from my own experience i can say that i have not had very good luck with PSU's that come with a case. they have been cheap and unreliable and i usually end up having to replace them eventually :p just a thought, maybe someone that knows more about that PSU could have more info about it?

Arctic Fox
12-06-2005, 01:25 AM
Oh wow thats some good ideas, thanks, and yea i know i spent hours searching and there is simply nothing to do with halo....sad
and yea i've heard a lot of things about how the psu on this case is terrible so i'll be getting a new one for sure
if nothing else i suppose i could actually use the laser to cut some halo-type things, such as fan grills, for it out of plastic, but what kind of plastic would i use...

Rankenphile
12-06-2005, 01:44 AM
I would recommend aluminum for the fan grills, but if that won't work, you can always use (say it with me now kids...) Cintra, a thin PVC board that you can get scraps of for free at any sign-printing shop, if you ask them for their leftover scraps. If you want something even thinner than that, you can get polystyrene sheets in very thin weights from moddeling/hobby shops. Structurally, however, it won't be very strong.