PDA

View Full Version : Gfx card watercooling...

onelegout
12-06-2005, 08:42 PM
Hi all!
I was looking at watercooling kits, and was thinking about a graphics card waterblock and then suddenly remembered that my graphics card (Gigabyte geforce 6600GT) has 2 chipsets, the first is the actual graphics processor or whatever, and the second is the 'HSI' bridge chipset. Now what I want to know is how on earth am I going to watercool that?
Any help would be realy appreciated!
Thanks
H

AKA_RA
12-07-2005, 04:56 AM
I think Zalman makes a kit that cools both the chipset and the bridge. I just don't remember where I saw the kit other than on ebay. My suggestion is to just shop around differant sites until you find it. Im pretty sure its out there.

DickNervous
12-12-2005, 02:32 PM
Most of the newer blocks cover the whole front of the card, well almost, and should be fine. Innovatec, DangerDen, Koolance, and Aqua Computing, Alphacool all make blocks like that.

The DangerDen is the only one that was designed for "large" systems (ie 3/8 or 1/2ID). The others are all for 8mm or 10mm (which is 3/8).

Dudeman
12-15-2005, 04:37 PM
i have a 6800 and i was wondering the same thing, which one would you say would be the best bang for the buck? i was leaning towards dangerden because that is what i am using right now for my cpu, but i didnt know if there was a better one for my graphics card.

DickNervous
12-16-2005, 04:32 PM
If you want to cool the chip and ram, the DangerDens are the best for 1/2" or 3/8" systems. If you use a 1/4" system the Innovatek blocks.

If you will use water on the gpu and ram sinks on the ram, then I like the PolarFLO TT GPU block.